Author Topic: Skulduggery Forums Mafia V6  (Read 1129 times)

Adelina Natue

• Theorist
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Skulduggery Forums Mafia V6
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2017, 12:41:57 AM »
The possibility of a lynch day 1 means we need to consider all possible outcomes, especially due to this being a smaller and shorter game than those previously played.

Kei likely is the sheriff, what with no one having (yet) come forward to contradict his claims. That being said, Saphira still hasn't posted since her first post. There is still the possibility that she may also claim sheriff (a slim chance, but still one at that).

The point about the ratio of mafia to town is important. Right now, there is 3 mafia and 5 town members. If Lethe is a mafia member, then that would be fantastic news for us townies and leaves us in the game. But if Lethe is a town member, then there really would be no second lynch. It would be near impossible to gain a majority, and so mafia would likely win (unless, like Fabi said, the other hidden town role is vet or vig).

Based on these two points, I'm going to hold off on voting for now. I'd like to hear from Saph and if she has anything to say on the matter. The fact that a first day lynch could ultimately lead to town losing so quickly is too risky. If anything, wait a night. That way, we can find out the allegiance of the dancer (a mafia dancer would likely rb Kei tonight, whereas a town dancer wouldn't). That could also give us a better idea of whether or not mafia have a framer (I'm not sure if there can be both roles at once). I realise it's risky to wait the night, but we would at least have more evidence tomorrow.

Is it possible for there to be a framer and dancer in the mafia at the same time, or can there be only one of those roles?
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

"I have hated words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right" - The Book Thief

Keilax

• Archmage
    • Pronounced: KEE-Lacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2017, 12:47:01 AM »
If you look at the role list it states a Godfather, Mafioso and Hidden Mafia. Mafia can't have both a Framer and Dancer at once in this game. It's impossible. It's one or the other.

Also, the likelihood of Saphira logging on before the day ends is very small. Chances are, she'll miss this day (not for certain, but her habits suggest it).

Mad Murdock

• Plotmaster
  • Legendary Mage
    • Shae'tel "Sans" Nova
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2017, 08:08:15 AM »
Town members began to stir and their activity had everyone on edge. Who is who? Who did what? Did the mayor leave his glass of milk out on the bench? We’ll likely never know...

Nobody was chosen to be lynched! The forum rigidly settles down to rest...

Alright! So Night Two has begun!

Please do not post in this topic until the day phase has taken effect.  If you need to pull out of Mafia, PM me and I will arrange something.
If you have a night action, please submit your night action before 11pm GMT 6 December. If you do not submit a night action before then, you won't do anything.
If everyone has submitted their night actions before the end date I will end the night early.

Rolelist:
Godfather
Mafioso
Hidden Mafia

Sheriff
Doctor
Citizen
Citizen
Hidden Town
Hidden Town

Players remaining: [Note: names listed do not correspond with the roles above]

2) Dregran Entropy
3) Fabi
4) Captain Phill Jupitus
5) Saphira Moon
6) Isfet Lethe
7) Adelina Natue
8) Keilax
9) Jacquelin

Graveyard:
(click to show/hide)

Is it possible for there to be a framer and dancer in the mafia at the same time, or can there be only one of those roles?
It’s possible.
Remember, it’s my first time hosting a game, and I’m not a hardcore player myself... (if it isn’t possible, then I apologise for my answer :p)
"Your grasp of the English language never ceases to amaze me" - LovedthenhatedErskine [27 May 2015]

you're blue now

NYEH  HEH  HEH!

Mad Murdock

• Plotmaster
  • Legendary Mage
    • Shae'tel "Sans" Nova
    • View Profile
Re: Skulduggery Forums Mafia V6 - Day Three~
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »
Day Three has begun!

The forum awoke hazily from a late night of worrying.  To their dismay, Dregran Entropy - Doctor was discovered riddled with bullet holes; the mafia had done a drive-by during the night.
On the other side of town, out of mind's eye, Isfet Lethe - Dancer could be found peacefully in his bed with a single wound to the heart; the handy-work of the vigilante.

A will was found within the Doctor's desk drawers:
(click to show/hide)

So broskis, now it's day time again!

The purpose of day chat is for Town to sniff out Mafia and vote to lynch them. Mafia can also use day chat to their advantage, tricking Town into lynching a fellow Town member. You have to try and win, so getting a successful lynch is a good idea!

- "Can people use knowledge of outside the game when building a case? I.e. [X] is always quiet when they are a maf, or, I know we can trust them because they used this oath etc?"
It’s advised that you don’t use such things in-game, so best keep it to yourself and strategize accordingly ;) The last game that was played got very personal toward the end because of that kind of thing. I’d like to void unwarranted stress and angst while playing; this is just for fun!

Some of you have night actions, and some of those with night actions will have results posted to them (like the Sheriff). It's your business if you share your results or not, just be warned that Mafia might kill the person who claims a powerful Town role. You have to play to win!

Also you might have received a notification, if you were bused, roleblocked, witched, killed and healed, etc. (I'm not confirming any roles, just giving examples of what roles could possibly give notifications to other people.) It's your choice if you reveal your notification. Saying "nothing happened to me last night" is not required but refraining from saying it is a bit suspicious, especially in this case since there was no Mafia kill.

During the day phase everyone can submit a vote for today's lynch. You do not need to give a reason for voting but refraining from doing so might make you look suspicious to others. To cast a vote, please use this formula:
Code: [Select]
[b]/vote *person you're voting for[/b]
You can change your vote as many times as you like. When unvoting someone, please use this formula:
[b]/unvote *person you voted for[/b]
There is also the option to skip the day entirely:
[b]/skip day[/b]
Remember that every post you made can be used against you, and you cannot edit your post. If you edit your post you might be kicked from the game. (If you made a typo and need to correct it just double post. Try not to post more than 5 times in a row, however.) You might have to lie to protect yourself, even. Don't give up easily, though!

Number of votes needed for a successful lynch: 4 (majority)

Rolelist:
Godfather
Mafioso

Sheriff
Citizen
Citizen
Hidden Town

Players remaining: [Note: names listed do not correspond with the roles above]

3) Fabi
4) Captain Phill Jupitus
5) Saphira Moon
7) Adelina Natue
8) Keilax
9) Jacquelin

Graveyard:
(click to show/hide)

The day phase will end Sunday 10 December 12am GMT +0
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:01:06 PM by Mad Murdock »
"Your grasp of the English language never ceases to amaze me" - LovedthenhatedErskine [27 May 2015]

you're blue now

NYEH  HEH  HEH!

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
Re: Skulduggery Forums Mafia V6 - Day Three~
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2017, 08:56:43 PM »
To their dismay, Dregran Entropy - Doctor was discovered riddled with bullet holes; the mafia had done a drive-by during the night.

On the other side of town, out of mind's eye, Isfet Lethe - Dancer could be found peacefully in his bed with a single wound to the heart; the handy-work of the vigilante.

Oh.

Well...crapbaskets.

Unfortunately, my Night was seemingly wasted. I investigated Dre. And not only is he dead, but was the Doctor.

Fabi

• Lurker
  • Rookie Mage
    • Moss Elsinore Cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2017, 09:09:54 PM »
I was ready to vote Lethe and possibly share some suspicions I had of Dre, but I guess I need to rethink both of those now.

RIP Dregran, both an extremely smart player and an extremely vital role. Damn.

That answers the Dancer question I guess. Was he able to roleblock anyone before he died?

Now that there is no longer a hidden mafia role, all they can do is kill, so that's some small comfort I guess. Also we can kill them too now. Hell yeah for vigilante justice. Doesn't make up for the lack of Doctor though...

Nothing happened to me.
Fabi or Moss
she/her/hers or they/them/theirs

I appreciate your existence, but not as much as I appreciate the existence of cats.

Saphira Moon

• Roleplayer
  • Rookie Mage
    • Saph
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2017, 09:54:11 PM »
/vote Isfet Lethe

No reason. Suspicious. VERY suspicious..... Sorry but....

/vote *Jacquelin

Saphira Moon

• Roleplayer
  • Rookie Mage
    • Saph
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2017, 09:54:55 PM »
ALSO, nothing happened to me :)

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2017, 10:00:32 PM »
/vote Isfet Lethe

No reason. Suspicious. VERY suspicious..... Sorry but....

/vote *Jacquelin

What. Why would a Mafia member vote for one of their own, especially in the position Lethe was in. He wasn't overly in danger, she wasn't the first to vote. I don't particularly find her suspicious at all. You however...

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2017, 10:01:28 PM »
First to vote, as in not coming across as too eager for me. She seemed logical and voted for Lethe after thinking it through.

Fabi

• Lurker
  • Rookie Mage
    • Moss Elsinore Cryptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2017, 10:26:21 PM »
Okay, I could see a scenario where a member of the Mafia voted for one of their own with the knowledge that the vote wouldn't reach majority, so that it would give them some credit later.

That said, there's a huge difference between "doesn't eliminate the possibility of them being mafia" and "they're definitely suspicious, let's vote."

I've been more inclined to see Jacquelin as town to be honest.
Fabi or Moss
she/her/hers or they/them/theirs

I appreciate your existence, but not as much as I appreciate the existence of cats.

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2017, 10:34:17 PM »
Pretty much my thinking to be honest. I can see that scenario on reflection, but I'm inclined to think Jacquelin's Town.

Let's think:
Confirmed Town: Myself (I think that's established now), Dregran and Sargey. Problem is they're dead and I will be joining shortly.
Confirmed Mafia: Lethe.
Other: Adelina, Saphira, Fabi, Phill, Jacquelin.

To be honest, I am willing to trust Jacquelin and Adelina the most, then Fabi close behind.

Leaving Phill and Saphira. Phill's been off in terms of character and keeping his posts short. But he did vote for Lethe. But he could have been doing what Fabi just said. And Saphira has just been too quiet and hasn't contributed anything, plus that rather random attempt at a vote.

Not overly sure, but it goes in terms of trust for me:
Adelina
Fabi/Jacquelin
Phill
Saphira

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2017, 10:35:55 PM »
Not accusations, just kind of saying aloud my current thinking until something better comes along.

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2017, 10:41:40 AM »
By the way, we have to lynch and lynch correctly in this day phase. If we don't, we lose. Well, probably. Jacquelin can't access wifi until Sunday, by which point she may already be kicked and we have no reserves. If she's Mafia (which I don't think she is personally) then that's good for us but not for Mafia. If she's Town, then unless Mafia's killing is suspended for the night or we get a reserve, then we'll lose two Townies, making us equal to Mafia in number, so we would lose that night.

Short version, without either an extra day for her, a reserve or a one night killing suspension, we lose without a correct lynch today, if she's Town.

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • John
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 07, 2017, 04:10:33 PM »
I'm Civilian. I'mma go ahead and guess that Saphira is mafia, given that she just tried to take someone voting against mafia as suspicious without any actual reasoning given.
I'd say Kei is going to die tonight without Doctor, so...

yeah imma go ahead an
/vote SaphiraMoon