Author Topic: Game of Thrones-- CONTAINS SEASON 8 SPOILERS  (Read 6313 times)

Porkins

• Legendary Mage
    • Alan
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Blog
Re: Game of Thrones-- CONTAINS SEASON 7 SPOILERS
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2017, 01:35:39 PM »
I too watched the leak.

(click to show/hide)

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Snerg
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2017, 09:04:44 PM »
lol rip easmidgetch

CLEGANEBOWL fishing CONFIIIIIIIIIRMED

lol bye petyr

"lol bye cersei" - jaime

lol bye gendry i guess? where is he?

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »
I really liked the last two episodes.

The finale wasn't as action-packed, but for me it made up for the faster pace of the season. It was nice seeing all the characters reunite in King's Landing.

The Arya/Sansa/Littlefinger story was badly handled, but it got the job done. It would have been nice to see why the lords trusted Bran's words though. I also wish we got to see one more passive-aggressive conversation between Varys and Littlefinger, but ah well.

I genuinely thought both Tyrion and Jaime were going to die in their respective Cersei/Mountain scenes.

The snowfall montage was nice.

There are rumours of an eighteen month gap, which for six episodes doesn't feel worth it. I'll probably try and fit in an entire rewatch in that time though.

Roisin

• Lurker
  • Apprentice Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2017, 11:18:18 PM »
I was absolutely hollering when Sansa turned to Littlefinger
Favorite three moments were the hound and brienne acting like proud parents when discussing arya, the sheer suspense when I thought jaime was going to die, and sam correcting the three eyed raven. OH but also theon repeatedly getting up whilst the unpleasant excrement was kicked out of him

This season had pacing problems but right now I'm just on a high from the finale, will put my thoughts together coherently another time
no-one's gay for moleman

Isfet Lethe

• Supporter
  • Apprentice Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2017, 11:50:10 PM »
Up until now there has been a pattern of a king dying every series.
One: Robert Baratheon
Two: Renly Baratheon
Three: Robb Stark
Four: Joffrey Baratheon/Lannister
Five: Stannis Baratheon
Six: Tommen Baratheon
Seven has finished and this pattern has not continued, which makes me sad. I loved Littlefinger's death but bearing that in mind I was hoping for a bit more death. Following the pattern I wondered if Cersei would die but suspected she wouldn't - she's needed to be a cow next series. I seriously thought Jaime was going to die in that scene where she threatened him. I didn't want him to but I feared his death.

I loved the whole R+L=J thing playing out - that'll provide some awkward conversation once they reach Winterfell.

It felt so sweet seeing fear on Cersei's face.

My biggest worry is though I HAVE TO WAIT 2 YEARS TO KNOW IF TORMUND IS ALIVE. BRIENNE NEEDS HIM AND HE NEEDS BRIENNE.

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Snerg
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 29, 2017, 02:20:50 AM »
Tormund and Beric got to west of the damage before Easmidgetch fell. They're still on top of the Wall.

Porkins

• Legendary Mage
    • Alan
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Blog
« Reply #231 on: August 29, 2017, 12:13:49 PM »
Tormund and Beric got to west of the damage before Easmidgetch fell. They're still on top of the Wall.
Yeah, they wouldn't off screen kill them. Might as well show them fall to their death or the dragon burning them or something.

Littlefinger's death was expected but I disliked how he died on his knees crying and begging. Would've liked it if he was trying one last attempt at a manipulating speech when Arya would strike him tf down.

Was the guy who played Rhaegar in the flashback literally just the dude who played Viserys? They looked insanely alike.

Didn't think Tyrion would die, but I really thought Jaime would. They had me for a minute. Also, with Jaime heading north I assume Bronn will have banana'd off by the time season 8 starts. Wouldn't be surprised if he's reconsidered Tyrion's offer.

That little bit of CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE *AIRHORN* was nice. When he was saying "you know what's coming for you" or whatever it was I was wondering if he just meant he was coming for him or something else more ominous (though there isn't much more ominous than the Hound hunting you down)

Also Jon's real name reveal had me confused inside haha. I was like "Omg what will his name be???" and then I was like "Oh. Aegon. Yeah...I guess that was highly likely". I don't know what I was expecting it to be, I guess I felt sort of dumb being surprised that he was named Aegon.

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Snerg
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 29, 2017, 01:07:40 PM »
Rhaegar wasn't played by Harry Lloyd, but i liked how they gave him the same hairstyle as Viserys. Vis did hero worship Rhaegar, so it would make sense that he would try to emulate him.

Also, why did Rhaegar name both of his sons Aegon? Like, even for the Targaryans, with their 2 page long baby-names handbook, two Aegons from the one dad is pushing it.

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 29, 2017, 02:25:41 PM »
That little bit of CLEGANEBOWL GET HYPE *AIRHORN* was nice. When he was saying "you know what's coming for you" or whatever it was I was wondering if he just meant he was coming for him or something else more ominous (though there isn't much more ominous than the Hound hunting you down)

I took it to mean that the Mountain would have to be killed by fire, as with the other undead.

Porkins

• Legendary Mage
    • Alan
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr Blog
« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2017, 08:25:38 PM »
Rhaegar wasn't played by Harry Lloyd, but i liked how they gave him the same hairstyle as Viserys. Vis did hero worship Rhaegar, so it would make sense that he would try to emulate him.

Also, why did Rhaegar name both of his sons Aegon? Like, even for the Targaryans, with their 2 page long baby-names handbook, two Aegons from the one dad is pushing it.
Maybe since he had annulled his wedding to Ellia he didn't see that Aegon as a true son of his, so he named "Jon" Aegon becuase he would be his true heir.

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 24, 2019, 05:46:54 PM »
Tormund was so funny in the last episode.

Orgil

• Theorist
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
    • orgil-sf.deviantart.com
Re: Game of Thrones-- CONTAINS SEASON 8 SPOILERS
« Reply #236 on: May 01, 2019, 01:04:04 PM »
Who else had problems seeing things during the dark scenes in the latest episode?

Gale

• Artist
  • Mage
    • Meridian Gale
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 01, 2019, 11:50:09 PM »
it honestly really detracts from shows imo to have super busy scenes where you can't fishing see anything. i had my brightness fully turned up and still basically had no idea what was going on for a lot of it, and i know they're trying to capture the atmosphere of the moment but like, c'mon.

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 01, 2019, 11:51:04 PM »
Yeah I guess it was to cut down on visual effects.

I was really disappointed with this episode. There were too many in-the-nick-of-time rescues and any tension has been killed after Sam survived his 3+ maulings. The Night King dying without even a duel was so anticlimactic. Is Cersei really the final boss? What threat is she after fighting the army of the dead? What the hell was Bran doing? Why hasn't anyone just asked him for a straight explanation? The writing has become so sloppy.