Poll

Rate Solo out of 5

Author Topic: STAR WARS  (Read 8254 times)

ravenrune

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
Re: STAR WARS
« Reply #270 on: March 11, 2018, 08:37:52 PM »
i hope the live action series is a whole new story, like, a star wars story but does not directly involve the main characters. i can't imagine they would have the funding to make a whole live action series with the whole movie cast?

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 11, 2018, 09:48:37 PM »
I hope so, as that seems to be the direction they're going with the movies.

I wouldn't mind a series set during the sequel trilogy, but with original characters. They could flesh out that universe a bit more.

We should get more information soon as it's out next year.

Skullpony Pleasant

• Supporter
  • Grand Mage
    • Isaiah salvatore
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 12, 2018, 06:00:15 AM »
Kill Rey kill fin kill poe kill reylo start over and dun add anymore pc unpleasant excrement to the star wars flims. Also more light saber battles with awesome scores accompanying it. #makestarwarsgreatagain #reyseriouslysucks
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 06:02:00 AM by Skullpony Pleasant »
Please report if any rules are skirted or broken, Skullpony has abused our leniency long enough.

ravenrune

• Global Moderator
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 12, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »
@ skullpony pleasant, what the llama

I hope so, as that seems to be the direction they're going with the movies.

I wouldn't mind a series set during the sequel trilogy, but with original characters. They could flesh out that universe a bit more.

We should get more information soon as it's out next year.

i would love a series set in the sequel trilogy. i know theres a bunch of this world building stuff done in the books but considering i haven't read the books i know heck all. i think sometimes tv/movies are more accessible for a wider audience.

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 12, 2018, 09:57:59 PM »
Outside of Bloodline and The Force Awakens, I don't think are any books touching on the sequel trilogy.

I only read the first two
awful Aftermath books, but those were more focused on the New Republic and fall of the Empire. They end only a year after Return of the Jedi, so there's very little ST content outside of some characters.

There are a bunch of trademarks for 'Star Wars: Resistance', so we may be getting something soon. My guess is it's the next animated series, if not a mobile game. If it's animated, there are interesting things they could do with Thrawn now that they're not constrained by the OT's timeline.

They've probably avoided any tie-in media because of the secrecy around The Last Jedi. I hope they'll open up now that there aren't any secrets left in the movies.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 09:59:37 PM by ExtraterrestrialGuy »

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2018, 02:17:16 AM »

Dregran Entropy

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • Dregran Entropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2018, 05:37:25 AM »
It looks alright, but I'm not very excited about it.
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us.

Skulduggery Forums Rules
Character Profile Rules | Character Index
Ask Me Anything

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2018, 02:01:46 PM »
I'm happy Chewie has more focus.

It would be good to see his family and Kashyyyk, if they're doing a Mustafar-like surprise.

Icarus

• Writer
  • Apprentice Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2018, 02:24:53 PM »
I felt very under hyped for Solo, the Han Solo solo movie. The trailer just reinforced my underwhelmed feelings. The actor doesn't look fantastic, the story line seems good, Donald Glover as Lando looks amazing, however the love interest thats implied with Emilia Clarke seems odd already but I can see why they did it, Han needs to be seen as someone who is romantically viable. I can't get over how weird the actor that plays Han looks.

Buzzed for Chewie though.

On a secondary note;

The Last Jedi wasn't amazing, it wasn't awful it was just, okay.

The beginning is something I truly love, the efforts of the rebellion really made me feel like we were watching the rebellion from Episode 5. Oscar Issac was fantastic. John Boyega wasn't eh and the new character Rose was disappointing. Leia underwhelmed me, may she rest in peace. Luke was really good and that controversial scene no one understands, actually makes sense.

Once again though, Rey was a very much Mary Sue esque character and really didn't make me feel like she could do the things she did. Adam Driver as Kylo. Lord help me, he was amazing.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 02:28:27 PM by Margaret Pull »

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2018, 04:48:37 PM »
I agree about Rey. I think the protagonist should have been Kylo Ren from the start. I don't understand the 'hero from nothing' theme, because the Star Wars saga is about family and redemption. I feel like the sequels have lost the family angle in the midst of deconstructing Luke, Leia and Han (without giving them the next generation to rescue them as Luke did Anakin). I'm not a fan of the post-Jedi EU, but I always liked the Skywalker-Solo family of Ben, Anakin, Jaina and Jacen. Kylo Ren is great and my favourite part of the sequels, but he hasn't got any family left. It's no longer the story of the Skywalkers and redemption.

Rey being a nobody is fine, but they should have opened with it and explained why she's competent at everything. All of the Jedi from the prequels, including Obi-Wan and Anakin, were 'nobodies' too. It's nothing new. They still had to train to get anywhere near Rey's level of competence. Even Kylo Ren, who is multidisciplined and the villain, can't beat her. How can she grow if she's never defeated? This is why Kylo Ren is more interesting. He can't catch a break. Everyone bests him (Hux, Snoke, Rey, Luke), but he keeps going. Even when he succeeds (killing Han and Snoke), it harms him. I'm really looking forward to a Kylo Ren novel, if we ever get one.

I don't mind too much though, because the sequels are designed for new audiences. I'm more interesed in Rian Johnson's trilogy and future anthologies.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 04:50:46 PM by ExtraterrestrialGuy »

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2018, 05:44:42 PM »
Dave Filoni's next animated series is Star Wars: Resistance. It's set before The Force Awakens.

StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order.

Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-resistance-set-for-fall-debut

(click to show/hide)

I hope this fleshes out the world of the sequel trilogy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kylo Ren appears later on, as Vader did in Rebels.

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 24, 2018, 08:25:06 PM »
I really enjoyed Solo. It's a good counterpart to Rogue One which focuses on the criminal underworld, rather than the Alliance and the Empire.

Ehrenreich was great in the role. I found his portayal of a young and optimistic Han believable and have no trouble reconciling the two actors.

I felt the movie dragged a bit in the middle, but the Kessel Run and the entire third act were a return to form.

Full spoilers:

(click to show/hide)

Dregran Entropy

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • Dregran Entropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 14, 2018, 10:43:19 AM »
Solo was alright. Nothing was too unexpected happened, but it was rather well done for a Star Wars movie. Kinda felt like a heist movie, then got a little Braveheart, though overall kinda just felt like a movie without anything beyond the characters just doing stuff. Though it didn't feel bad, just didn't really have it's own vibe.

Good movie, for a Star Wars movie.
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us.

Skulduggery Forums Rules
Character Profile Rules | Character Index
Ask Me Anything

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 20, 2018, 05:07:24 PM »
The Clone Wars is back!

It looks like they're doing the Siege of Mandalore, which occurs during Revenge of the Sith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI7WyhWZkzk
https://www.starwars.com/news/sdcc-2018-the-clone-wars-to-return

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • ETGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2018, 05:40:44 PM »
Jon Favreau's show is called 'The Mandalorian'.

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic....

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-wars-jon-favreaus-tv-series-details-revealed-1149194