Author Topic: David Crane- Sherlock/Detective RP  (Read 743 times)

Lobster

• Roleplayer
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
David Crane- Sherlock/Detective RP
« on: January 03, 2014, 12:32:01 PM »

Name and Occupation
- Given Name: David Crane
- Pronunciation of the Name: David Crane
- Character Job: University Student
- Titles: Weirdo King (unofficial)

Character Mentality
- Character Personality:
David is somewhat a loner, never once in his life having a proper friend or firm relationship, possibly because of his sheer ego and narcissism but mainly because he is very sadistic, ever since he was a kid, the more gore and violence the better. David is  referred to as the Weirdo King by his peers because he is weird, he lives alone and barely goes outside, spending most of his time dissecting and concocting plans, unknown to his peers, of murder. He wants to test his genius intellect with the whole world, waiting for the mastermind who will eventually stop him, believing that they will be his true friend for understanding him because they figured out his disgusting murders. 
- Character Likes: Horror movies, dissecting, planning, intelligence, fast food, chewing gum.
- Character Dislikes: Stupid people, loud people, interruptions.
- Mental Traits: Narcissist, sadistic, anxiety issues. 

Nationality and Allegiance
- Race and Nationality: English, White
- Allegiance: Himself.
- Reasons for Allegiance: He has no other friends to ally with.

Relationships
- Allies: No one.
- Enemies: He considers everyone below him and not even worth being called enemies merely maggots or other words on that line.
- Family: His mother is his only living family member.
- Friends: None, but hopefully whoever can outsmart him will be his true friend.
- Significant Other: He has a cat just so he doesn’t go insane talking to himself, the cat is called Idiot.

Character Age
- True Age: 20
- Appearance Age: 20
- Character Birthday: February 13th 1993

Character Appearance
- Character Skin Colour/Ethnicity: White.
- Character Height: 6 ft
- Character Weight: 60KG
- Character Hair Colour: Shaggy brown hair.
- Character Hair Length/ Style: HE doesn’t do anything to it, so it sticks out all over like a birds nest.
- Character Eye Colour: Sky Blue
- Character Description: Very skinny and bony although he has a handsome face, he has the tiniest bit of facial hair above his upper lip.
- Character Attire: He wears strictly dark clothes like greys and blacks. He usually wears a grey jacket, shirt and jeans and a tie of some sort.

Habits and Mannerisms
- Character Voice: He has a Nottinghamshire accent.
- Speech Traits: He says umm a lot in his sentences.
- Languages: English, German and Latin.
- Habits: He bites his nails.
- Mannerisms: He goes red when angry.

Weapons, Equipment and Artifacts
- Large Equipment: N/A
- Small Equipment: A gun and a few other dangerous items like poison and knives.
- Pocket Items: Phone, which he doesn’t use often, and a wallet.
- Ammunition: A few magazines at a time.
- Weaponry: Listed above.
- Other: A rented flat in London.

Goals, Motivation and History
- Major Goal: To find his best friend, even though he may not exist.
- Minor Goals: Watch the original Dracula and Frankenstein.
- Reasoning behind goal: His loneliness.
- Motivation: The idea of having a friend.
- Bio:
Born and raised in Nottingham he showed an extraordinary talent and gift for genius, he was a natural. Soon his father and mother moved him to a private school where he was picked on for being “too smart” and people accused he cheated on his tests and for his weird dissection hobby, which was banned when the school found out. After being singled out and his past times removed he swore that he’d find a true friend who was a smart as he was. And thus, the only was his sadistic little mind could figure out was to murder and make a mystery out of it. He killed his first victim at the age of 16, and trying to make the professors figure it out, but they failed and immediately went to the police even after hearing the rules which David had gotten the victim to write before death. Hoping the police would succeed he hacked into the police network and studied the case and how well they was doing but, they too were stumped and it was left as a unsolved case.
When David moved to University he got the nickname Weirdo King, he still continued to kill but alas no one so far has been smart enough.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 11:58:11 AM by Lobster »

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Snerg
    • View Profile
Re: David Crane- Sherlock/Detective RP
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 07:25:50 PM »
This sounds a little too much like Sherlock himself. Could you make it a little more original?

Lobster

• Roleplayer
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 07:27:55 PM »
Um, okay I'l try, which parts the bit to much like Sherlock?
The ignorance and arrogance because that does just happen in a lot of people who are naturally smarter it would seem?

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Snerg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 07:32:00 PM »
A narcissistic sociopath with genius level intellect, a posh accent, who went to a boarding school and has a fascination with the human mind?

Lobster

• Roleplayer
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 07:34:40 PM »
Ah well, the posh accent would have been from being around people with that accent for his life, the narcissism and intelligence along with the fact he is a sociopath is the only way a character like him woudl work, if he had empathy he wouldn't do such crimes. I can change if you want though?

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 07:42:39 PM »
A narcissistic sociopath with genius level intellect, a posh accent, who went to a boarding school and has a fascination with the human mind?

Sherlock Holmes doesn't have a fascination with the human mind.
Quote from: Ash | The Dictator
Hate me later. Save us now.

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Snerg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 07:46:52 PM »

...shut up. yes he does. this is my world damn it

Ok, approved. Don't change anything.

Lobster

• Roleplayer
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 07:48:11 PM »
Oh, okay then, tahnk you XD

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2014, 07:49:15 PM »

But the character of Sherlock Holmes isn't yours! D<

I do think he does share some elements with Sherlock that should be changed, though. Just a suggestion.

Lobster

• Roleplayer
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 07:51:39 PM »

I do think he does share some elements with Sherlock that should be changed, though. Just a suggestion.

Oh, can you tell em because I really would hate if it I had it to much like Sherlock.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2014, 07:58:37 PM »

Oh, can you tell em because I really would hate if it I had it to much like Sherlock.

His sociopathy, mostly. I get that it's because he's smart and all, blah, blah. But smart people don't always react in a Sherlock Holmes' way to those with a lesser IQ. I get being a bit snobbish or a bit of a douche but full-out ignorance of social norms and people's emotions is just a bit weird considering this guy studied the human mind? Most people in London actually don't have a posh accent, but that's up to debate depending on where you live.
Other than that, not much.

Also, does this make him a Criminal Profiler? Or is he just some random psychology dude?

Uh, actually I've also just noticed something off about his description :

"He is quite broad and slightly muscled after going to the gym a number of times a month, he is somewhat skinny however as he doesn’t eat much. "

Broad but skinny? This doesn't make much sense? Do you mean, like, wiry muscles?
Otherwise, if Phill doesn't think you should change anything I wouldn't worry about it, it's his RP.

Lobster

• Roleplayer
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2014, 08:05:03 PM »
To be honest I didn't really want to make him a sociopath but I couldn't see another way of making it realistic that he'd kill people without feeling guilty about it.  For the accent I just thought it would go with the whole thing.
And he's just some psychology though who teaches it as his profession, meanwhile his description means that he's broad but not like chubby, I just explained it poorly.
And okay, I'll leave it, but I may come back to it.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »
To be honest I didn't really want to make him a sociopath but I couldn't see another way of making it realistic that he'd kill people without feeling guilty about it.  For the accent I just thought it would go with the whole thing.
And he's just some psychology though who teaches it as his profession, meanwhile his description means that he's broad but not like chubby, I just explained it poorly.
And okay, I'll leave it, but I may come back to it.

He doesn't have to be a sociopath to not share the same ideals as modern society. He doesn't need to be empathic to be aware of pain and people's emotions, he could just be plain sadistic.
So, he's quite muscular? Okay.

Lobster

• Roleplayer
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2014, 08:17:59 PM »
I'll get rid of the sociopath bit then and replace it with sadistic later.

Captain Phill Jupitus

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Snerg
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2014, 08:53:58 PM »
...what Charlotte said

Just change the occupation and personality a bit and you're A OK