Author Topic: Death Valley  (Read 763 times)

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
Death Valley
« on: May 26, 2014, 11:37:18 PM »
Fireteam Cobalt was on leave. They were on a quiet human colony in a sparsely populated planet. Lieutenant Micheal Heller look to his friends. They'd all known each other for years. David, Jax ,and their new recruit Neil deserved this break. They'd been working hard for the past few months, fighting the covenant while 117 was missing. Heller was starting to wonder if they'd ever find him. He tried not to dwell on the thought as he sat down in the bar with his friends
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:07:05 PM by Flint Deadshot »

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • I got the horses in the back
    • View Profile
Re: Death Valley
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2014, 11:49:02 PM »
Silas sat at the bar, he was dressed in his dress blues, he also had his UNSC eagle eye patch on, with all of his medals and three callsign patches. To anyone in the know about how SPARTANS work, they would realize it was the anniversary of a fellow soldiers death.
For Silas this was truer than normal. He called for another round and sat.

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 10:05:55 PM »
Heller saw Silas over David's shoulder.
"Well if it ain't Silas ...", he mumbled. He looked to his friends. "Lads, I'll be back in a while. Try not to get kicked out again", he smiled, eyeing Neil and Jax.

Heller sat next to Silas. He ordered a drink.
"Good day for a drink sir", he smiled.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:19:52 PM »
Silas glanced sidelong at Heller as he sat down, his top three fingers wrapped around the neck of a beer bottle. Michael Heller, a SPARTAN IV, and a legendary ODST. At least ODST's could be legendary, SPARTANS were just a faceless army of killing machines, never dying, just going MIA. Silas' knuckles turned white as he remembered that saying, then remembered Gideon clashing blades with that damned Field Marshal, and Reagan falling on her own sword to keep Gideon in the fight. "I beg to differ."
"Indeed it is Lieutenant Heller."     

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2014, 09:25:41 PM »
Heller saw Silas show an odd expression, as of remembering something....or someone .
"Are you ok , Sir?", he asked. He had never been friends with Silas, as he didn't seem very friendly. But Heller admired him greatly. He was the kind of Spartan that Heller wanted to be in the future: strong, and a good leader.... but wasn't he that already? No , it must've been something else about Silas which Heller found admirable

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2014, 09:30:54 PM »
Silas set his bottle down on the bar lightly, his head rested in his hands. He wasn't supposed to do this, he wasn't supposed to feel. But after 30 years fighting a war that never really got any better, things start to break the surface. He let go of his head for a moment and looked to Heller, he was a good man, and an admirable leader, reminded Silas of himself back in the day.
"Aren't we always Micheal?" Silas said grimly, using Heller's first name, and gesturing to his arm with the callsign patches.

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 09:57:35 PM »
"Actually sir, I disagree", Heller said, noticing that Silas had used his first name.
"Like when Wyatt died, I felt awful, but when I met Skylar I uh....", he stopped himself from going on when he remembered who he was speaking to. Micheal took a long drink from his glass.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 11:55:36 PM »
Silas looked over at Heller, turning completely to face him, and laughed.
"There's no need to call me sir. We're off duty, Roy, Roy would be all up on your ass about rank. I couldn't give a unpleasant excrement." Silas shook his head.
"I know. SPARTANS always feel."

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01:52 AM »
"Oh , um, ok Silas", he said. He ordered another drink and  looked back at his team. Neil had spilled his drink and Jax and David were laughing at him. Heller turned back to look at Silas
"So what brings you here today , Silas?", he asked

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 12:08:41 AM »
Silas raised his hand for another round, gesturing to Heller to have the bartender put Cobalt's drinks on him. Silas picked up his shot and downed it in one go.
"Drowning my sorrows I guess."

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 12:21:07 AM »
He didn't like to see Silas in this state
"What's got you down Silas", he asked. He wondered what could have affected Silas to cause him to become a drunkee. Heller set his glass down on the table.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 01:07:58 AM »
Silas laughed a bit at Heller's question. "Same as you rookie. Got feelings and they came back to haunt me." He put his head down on the table for a moment, before raising it up and looking at Heller again.
"You ever heard of a clandestine op called KALEIDOSCOPE?

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 09:35:45 PM »
Heller racked his brain. Kaleidoscope.... kaleidoscope....
"Sorry Silas", he said ."I have no idea what Kaleidoscope was", he chuckled . He looked out through the open bar door. There was a farmer herding Moa. The farmer must've led such a peaceful , simple life. Heller was envious.