Author Topic: The Evil Within Roleplay, well, not really The Evil Within. Inspired by TEW.  (Read 997 times)

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • I got the horses in the back
    • View Profile
Premise:
The world is shattered. Cities lay in ruins; entire nations have crumbled under the weight of the cataclysm that forever changed the way thw world works. A mysterious force, only known as The Shadow, warped and cut reality under it was under such immense pressure, it broke the world. Japan is nothing but a lifeless rock in the pacific, tidal waves and earthquakes shredded the once powerful nation. An eerie silence hangs over the United States of America, hurricanes wracked the coastline, and tornadoes tore through the heartland as earthquakes toppled cities. Africa is a massive funeral pyre, forever burning. Zombies, if they can be called that, in truth humanity has no clue what they are, only that they wander across the earth. Carrying torches and crude blades, until they find fresh meat, they only kill humans. They wander in packs from only five to thousands at a time. However different and far more terrifying creatures roam the wastelands.
Do you have what it takes to survive?

Introduction, let's shed some light on what the Askadlkjadskl I just told you: Right, that was bracing aye? Anyway, this is a Post-Apoc-Style roleplay, there’ll be stats and I’ll be doing math and it’ll be classic RPg Unpleasant Excrement. You will begin in the same way that you start out in The Evil Within, look up the gameplay to see how that whole thing works, if you can’t be bothered I’ll message you how this begins. I can tell you where you will be beginning. The year is 2120, and Alcatraz is now an Ultraprison, there is a city built around a 200 Storie building, the actual prison, you will begin in the sub-level. After you (hopefully) escape you will cross a bridge to Hunter’s Point, a long-abandoned US Navy Shipyard, from there Unpleasant Excrement will get crazy and The Shadow sends you to Pripyat, Ukraine, then to Hajima, Japan. These three places only serve one purpose, get your characters up in strength and skills. Also to introduce you to the banana'd up world of this roleplay. The Shadow will randomly appear and teleport you to macabre puzzle rooms, where you are required to do certain things in order to get special stuff. After those three places it’s open world till you die, after those three cities feel free to do whatever you want. Jury-rig cars and drive through undead Las Vegas, or go on a boat ride through Zombie-Infested waters. One thing about doing that, TELL ME FIRST, then I can get an idea of where to put enemies and plan out a plot of sorts. Another good idea, MAKE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER. In this RP almost all of the enemy NPC’s, save the average Zombie, is stronger than you, and can take more damage than you, even average zombies in large numbers can be deadly, and one of your characters WILL die. This is meant to be evasion, stealth, and hiding based, not tanking and killing like 50 things at once. Of course, you can fight, all you want, but it isn’t always the best course of action.

RULES
[/size]
1. Don't do stuff for certain, I will be the one who decides how things play out. While in combat things like mag changes and weapon switches and firing weapons and moving about that is totally on you, but aside from that. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not gonna be running around puppeting your characters, making them do Unpleasant Excrement that you don't want them to. But I have the responsibility and power to decide how Unpleasant Excrement happens, I'm not a cruel Plot Master, and I won't kill of charters and make it a living hell to fight anything, but I will be realistic as to how things happen. You won't find an M249 SAW in a child's toy box. I will use your stats and the atmosphere of the situation into account when I make my post. When you search things I will PM you and tell you what was found, at which point you will add it to your character's profile.
2. Please be realistic, in combat your characters will not get a perfect mag change every time. And don't ride me about it, guns will jam, knives will dull, blunt weapons will break, that's life. If your character doesn't have a very high skill with hanguns, he won't be hitting very often, fear gets to people.
3. Post once, then let me finish the chain. I plan on being very active in this RP.

Skeleton
Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Inventory:[/b]
[b]Primary Weapon:[/b]
[b]Secondary Weapon:[/b]
You're weapons will be found as you go through the game, primary is decided at the start based on what attribute you chose first, Blades or Blunts.
Blades= Combat Knife
Blunt= Hammer

Skills
[b]Smarts:[/b] [Helps with thing like hiding and searching]
[b]Strength:[/b] [Dictates how much weight you can carry]
[b]Endurance:[/b] [Dictates how long you can run for, and how long you can go without rest.]
[b]Agility:[/b] [Increases your abilities to jump and slide, as well as how fast you move]
[b]Sneaking:[/b] [How well you can go without being dectected]
[b]Unique Skill:[/b] [Explained below]
Each skill begins at one, you get 6 skill points when you make your character. Skills go up as I see fit, normally you can run for four seconds before resting and walking, let's say you run for four seconds for four turns. Then I would post on your character that you went up and endurance level, and you would add it.
Unique skills can be selected from the list below.

Unique Skills
Total Fear: With the Total Fear Skill your character is constantly afraid, this keeps him/her on their toes, allowing for enemies to be detected before anyone else does, adrenaline is also 0.5% more powerful, however they also have a habit of jumping at shadows.
Dense Bones: With dense bones you have higher endurance, increased strength, but severely limited agility.
Insanity: Insanity means that you don’t get any fear counters, however you don’t get any adrenaline boosts either.
Dead Nerves: With dead nerves you feel no pain, while this can be useful; it can lead to injuries becoming worse than they would have been if you had felt the effects.
Engineering: Engineering is the ability to jury rig stuff to a more advanced extent than other characters, for instance using wire, a few lenses, and a pipe, to make a rifle scope. However you need to make more and more advanced stuff to move up levels, you can’t just do basic stuff all the time, with this you begin with a yard of copper wire and two yards of string.

Attributes
[b]Bladed Weapons:[/b]
[b]Pistols:[/b]
[b]Long Guns:[/b]
[b]Explosives:[/b]
[b]Lockpicking:[/b]
[b]Searching:[/b]
Attributes dictate your hit chance with weapons, as well as how skilled your character is in certain areas, again, points are awarded by me as the game goes on, you begin with 6 points to give your character at the beginning, all attributes begin at one.

The Fear and Adrenaline System.
Every hostile NPC in this roleplay has a fear rating; this is the psychological effect that the enemy has on an opponent, for instance a single zombie has no effect, while the boxman delivers instant 2 fear points just by being near you. Fear lasts only one turn, and results in a minus 0.5 in agility for every point of fear. Adrenaline kicks in immediately after the Fear has gone, one point of Adrenaline is gained for every one fear, and results in 1 extra point to Agility and endurance for every point of Adrenaline. Depending upon the amount of Adrenaline the rush can last anywhere from one turn to five, however, after that you crash comeing down off of the high drops your agility by one point for every turn you were Adrenaline-filled.

The Pain System and Blood Damage
Your character experiences varying degrees of pain depending upon the severity of any given injury. Cutting ones finger would result in a single pain point, which is so small it isn't even mentioned. Losing a hand would result in a pain level of seventy, a deep and long gash would be about fifty. Breaking a leg is sixty or so. When pain points reach one-hundred your character passes out. Blood damage is acquired when a large wound is inflicted and a character begins to bleed, 100 points of blood damage is incapacitation, 150 is death.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:08:21 PM by Gideon »

Parzival

• Writer
  • Mage
    • Cain
    • View Profile
I had a quick look over and like the idea.
Good lord I had terrible music taste when I was 13.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
Nexus is in on this, he's my assistant IRL plotmaster.
I'll be posting a list of enemies soon, dat Boxman...

Final Nexus

• Roleplayer
  • Rookie Mage
    • Il Dottre di la Peste
    • View Profile
Thanks Gideon glad you got it up in one day.cool forums update huh?
The realization that one is dying is far more terrifying than death itself

Final Nexus

• Roleplayer
  • Rookie Mage
    • Il Dottre di la Peste
    • View Profile
 Alright the enemies are as follows:
Zombie- slow, and wanting to eat you they come with a side of stake through everything or they can come wrapped up in some nice barbed wire.Very common get ready to deal with lot's of them.  Easy to kill two headshots= kill

Butcher- These things are scary usually have a creepy cage on their head. Will occasionally wield a chainsaw. In charge of making Crawlers. Hard to kill, and less common.

Crawler: Scary as Unpleasant Excrement four armed things with wicked talons and black hair constantly covering their faces. Can crawl on any surface. They spawn in large pools of blood.

Rippers: These things are bone with a bit of muscle no skin. Run very fast and don't feel pain.  Uncommon. Only way to kill them is to burn them

Goliath: huge corpse thing. Only one in the game. Cannot be killed by any weapons you have acsses to.

Boxman:  huge hammer, box head with barbwire. When nearby you can feel his  prescience. Only one in the game. In box head has tentacles that if they touch you and if you don't have high enough endurance you die.

The Shadow: white cloaked corpse guy, who can warp reality

Shadowling: Spawn of The Shadow there are seven of them and they have one fourteenth of his power. They are killable. For image look up debt to the deathless.

Well that's it ,good luck.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:25:18 AM by Final Nexus »

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
A little more detail would be nice bro...

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
PRobs, unless you want to scare the unpleasant excrement out of people.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
... Player knowledge bro.

Final Nexus

• Roleplayer
  • Rookie Mage
    • Il Dottre di la Peste
    • View Profile
You guys like it?

Flint

• Grand Mage
    • Flint Deadshot
    • View Profile
I'm in

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
Right, I'll be making three characters, all of which will not have any skills to show, as their only purpose is to be killed.