Author Topic: Oronos Ixis.  (Read 1555 times)

TheCaptainSargey

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
Oronos Ixis.
« on: September 24, 2014, 10:20:42 AM »
Name and Occupation
- Taken Name: Oronos Ixis.
- Pronunciation of the Name: Oro-nos Icks-is.
- Given Name: Angelos Floros.
- Pronunciation of the Name: Ann-gell-os Floor-os.
- Character Job:  -
- Titles: Lord Nyx.

Character Mentality
- Character Personality: Almost everything Oronos does, since his sealing, is hate driven. He had always been jealous of his brother, but now his main goal is to best Jason Stavros. He might hate Jason, but he is only willing to fight a fair and even fight, he won't do backstabbing and surprise attacks, for anyone.
Oronos likes to brood quietly, he goes into his own mind and ignores anything around him. This is because he doesn't find his surroundings interesting, at the time, and resorts to cycling through his memories, gaining strength, very slowly.
Since he has returned to Earth, he has had cravings of sugar, and loves to consume the substance. Sugar is the only sustenance he like consumes, as he finds all other irrelevant, but he will still eat, even if he does not like it, and also because the Nyxists do eat. He also take vitamin pills, due to the lack of a varied diet and sun exposure.
He might be a powerful fighter, but he is a terrible judge of his opponents, which is a big weakness for him.
Despite all this, he values the loyalty of his 'companions', and respects it when people show strong loyalty. He also respects the people he meets and doesn't talk down to them.
He doesn't have any interest in world politics, but he does like to keep abreast of what is going on.
He is remorseful, and dislikes killing for the sake of killing. Even his brother, the revenge comes from a deep seated desire to finally be seen as equals.
- Character Likes: Sugar, power, quiet, loyalty.
- Character Dislikes: Jason Stavros, the Mediterranean Sanctuary, loud noises.
- Mental Traits: Manical when angry, driven by anger, occasionally irrational, respectful, values loyalty.

Nationality and Allegiance
- Race and Nationality: Greek.
- Allegiance: Lawful Evil.
- Reasons for Allegiance: He only has hate for his brother, and his allies, but he will only face him in a fair fight.

Relationships
- Allies: The Nyxists cult.
- Enemies: Jason Stavros, the Mediterranean Sanctuary.
- Family: The Floros family.
- Friends: -
- Significant Other: -

Character Age
- True Age: 824
- Appearance Age: Forties.
- Character Birthday: 9-3-1190

Character Appearance
- Character Skin Colour/Ethnicity:  Pale, slightly creamy.
- Character Height: 193 cm.
- Character Weight: 75 kg.
- Character Hair Colour: White.
- Character Hair Length/ Style: Long-ish, unkempt, pushed back over his scalp.
- Character Eye Colour: Light green.
- Character Description: While tall, Oronos is a thin man, without much muscle mass, and he has a slight hunch. He moves awkwardly, as if he is unused to his form. He has a long neck, and atop that, he has a pointy chin, and brown eyes. His pale skin is lined, but not too much.
- Character Attire: He was a long black robe that goes down to his ankles and a leather sash going across his left shoulder.

Habits and Mannerisms
- Character Voice: Croaky.
- Speech Traits: -
- Languages: English and Greek.
- Habits: Oronos taps his fingers frantically when stressed.
- Mannerisms: -

Weapons, Equipment and Artifacts
- Large Equipment: -
- Small Equipment: -
- Pocket Items: -
- Ammunition: -
- Weaponry: -
- Magical Equipment/Artifacts: -
- Other: The Nyxists live in an underground complex in central Greece, the system was a former temple that was repurposed many years ago when the Nyxists wanted a base of operations.

Magic and Abilities
- Magic: Adept.
- Specialization: Elemental
- Immersion Metamorphosis: His Immersion Metamorphosis works in three stages. Stage Zero is his normal state, no IM changes.
Stage Zero: Access to usual elemental powers.
Stage One: When he gets angry, a faint blue glow surrounds him in the form of a skin-tight armour, and bolts of energy occasionally appear and move along this armour, apart from visuals, this has no effect.
Stage Two: This stage is Excessive IM, and can only happen if he is on the exact brink of death and about to die. When EIM hits, he floats in the air and a blue armour forms around him and his eyes glow. Also, he has access to full Ascended power, but 'Oronos' looses control and 'Typhonis' comes out. He can't stay in this form for more than an hour. Also, this happens VERY rarely because he has to die to activate it.
- Ability Specific Info:
He can't just kill himself to gain Stage Two. It can only be visited if his body has lost magic over an extended timeframe that would be equivalent to a long fight, his magic has to be drained until he can visit Stage Two.
It is best to picture his magic in this way.
- Signature Ability: 
He has learnt how to use the air to make himself float off the ground for short periods of time, and he has learnt to manipulate the earth to create fissures in rocks and loosen the ground under an opponent.
- Strengths: Unpredictable fighter, powerful.
- Weaknesses: Horrible at judging opponents. Magebound mages. Can only access a lot of power for brief moments.
- Training: He was taught magic when he was part of the Floros family.

True Name
-True Name: Typhonis.
-Pronunciation: Tie-fon-is.
-Discovery: He met with the last descendant of a long line of 'witch doctors', that had developed a ritual that tells someone their true name, but at the cost of the life and soul of the caster, which meant that the clan had kept the ritual a secret. The last descendant, a suicidal man with mental problems, agreed to do this with Oronos. The man died (he was too naive to realise what the end result was bad for himself) and Oronos became aware of his True Name, which he then sealed.
-Sealing: With the help of the Nyxists, they brought him to an Ancient structure, where he was killed, but his soul was temporarily placed in a soul catcher. His cadaver was prepared and the sigils placed around the structure was activated, during this, the captured soul was released back into the body, where his true name was sealed when the soul reentered the body.
-Suppressant: There was a condition in the ritual when Oronos returned to Earth, it dictated that the sealed body must remain the same, it wasn't, and Oronos lost conscious knowledge of his true name.

Goals, Motivation and History
- Major Goal: Defeat his brother and be seen as equal. Regain his full strength.
- Minor Goals: Improve the Nyxists standing in the world.
- Reasoning behind goal: Since a young age, Oronos was always jealous of his brother, and how the family treated him. Many years later he was pushed over the edge and left the family. When his true name was sealed, the hate was tripled.
- Motivation: That Oronos has the advantage being able to subconsciously access his true name, and that Jason is too busy with Sanctuary matters to bother with Oronos.
- Bio:
He lived in the Floros family compound, and was taught the basics of magic.
He had his surge at 20, and became a Elemental, but unlike Jason, he didn't receive any family heirlooms.
He became part of the family council when he was 150, initially he thought himself equal to Jason, but quickly became hateful again because Jason was a more respected family member than Oronos was.
Years later, Oronos stormed out of the family compound, because he was denied a spot on the Athens Forum, he killed to mages on the way out. He convinced the Necromancers that set out to kill him to join him instead, because they had common ground.
Together, they helped plot against the Floros family, and nearly took them out a few times.
Eventually, tired of loosing, Oronos discovered, and then promptly sealed his True Name in a ritual.
Oronos faced off against Jason and a few of his allies. Oronos nearly won the battle, but he was still fresh from sealing his true name, and was weak, but overconfident. He was soundly beaten because he was focused on Jason, and one of the other fighters disctracted him, allowing Jason to attack. Because of Jason's final attack, splitting a boulder and directing the energy at Oronos, he was defeated and his body was nearly destroyed. He only escaped death by transferring himself into another dimension. Unluckily, he was in a rush and he found himself in a Chaos Dimension, and his soul was ripped from his body and he became a disembodied spirit, and lost himself.
After this, the Nyxists began worshipping Oronos, and began to find ways to return Oronos to this dimension. Also, in the coming centuries, Oronos became accustomed to his current situation.
In mid 2007, the Nyxists created a link to wherever Oronos was, and brought him back and put him in a body. However, there was a loophole in the original ritual (see above), and Oronos was cut off from the conscious knowledge of his True Name.
Since then, Oronos and the Nyxists have been working to undermine the Mediterranean Sanctuary, as well as become stronger, magic wise.

- Additional Notes:

- Nyxists: See Organisations page.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:21:38 AM by TheCaptainSargey »
Advocado toast is ruining the economy

Nathan Archer

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • Adriel Alucinor
    • View Profile
Re: Oronos Ixis.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 03:17:41 PM »
Saying this straight off the bat, man I hate characters who know their true names.
- Index - AMA -

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 05:33:29 PM »
Jfc this guy has no character beyond hate.
Quote from: Ash | The Dictator
Hate me later. Save us now.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • I got the horses in the back
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:21:15 PM »
How. How is there a weak Ascendant.

TheCaptainSargey

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 10:53:59 PM »
@Gid. In comparison.
@Nathan. You wouldn't want too many running around.

He's made for a purpose, and that is to be an enemy of the GM. However, the name stuff can be changed.

Dregran Entropy

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • Dregran Entropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 02:57:01 AM »
Does he have to like power and otherwise be a power-hungry nutcase? Ascendants are cool and all but this is literally a cliche.
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us.

Skulduggery Forums Rules
Character Profile Rules | Character Index
Ask Me Anything

TheCaptainSargey

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 07:21:28 AM »
I came up with some edits which I'll do when I get home.
Hold off anything until then
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:24:50 AM by TheCaptainSargey »

TheCaptainSargey

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 11:46:38 AM »
Tweaked things.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 05:26:53 PM »
I still don't fully understand why he's an Ascendant. A mage without their true name could do most of this stuff, unless he's using more than one discipline, Ascendants really don't have a point.

Maxwell Letterlock

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Chainsaws
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 07:36:55 PM »
Lets completely ignore everything else in the profile for a sec and focus on your character's knowledge of his true name.
As a rule, I very rarely accept people who have nowhere else to go, part of the reason you roleplay is to stimulate development in your characters, characters that know their true name and are also the leaders of something have no where to go but down. That can be meaningful development, but not in the way that's healthy for a roleplay. That kind of development is book ending type stuff. When the story is at its end the evil overlord realizes that he was wrong all along and surrenders his power to live as a mortal. Not only is that unlikely, its also very hard to fit into a standard RP session.
That is why the few characters who already are at the top of the food chain are NPC's.
I have let, I think, a total of one ascendant through, which everyone involved regretted afterwards.

Now you're informed, but that doesn't mean your situation is without merit. Argue for your case, make me believe you should be the proud owner of an ascendant.

"I'll buy you a stick for christmas."
Characters | Writings

Dregran Entropy

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • Dregran Entropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 10:00:40 PM »
Looking at the goal and personality I'm thinking this guy is Aetas 2.0. Max is right in saying everything about Aetas was regrettable, so this guy being so similar is not good. I won't go on about purpose since you haven't posted and Max is the mod here; I'm just confirming Aetas was a a bad idea and advising you to steer clear of anything like that.
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us.

Skulduggery Forums Rules
Character Profile Rules | Character Index
Ask Me Anything

TheCaptainSargey

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 11:23:49 PM »
A useful thing for this would be to viusualise three vertical bars, for power development, personality development, and development in the setting.
Power is as high as it will go, so ignore that for the time being.
Character wise, he wants to be seen as an equal to his brother, but what does this entail? Killing him? Sure, but he wouldn't be seen as equal, only a murderer, and he has come to realize this. The second option, he could turn the other cheek and become good. Set the Nyxists up as an organization to protect the future and purity of magic, thus improving development in the setting, and personality wise, 'maturing' and coming to terms with his hate and further his position in the world, even if it means the power bar goes down.
In total, three paths, one I'd death, the other two mentioned above, one more preferable than the other.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2014, 11:33:19 PM »
But why is it necessary to crank the power bar all the way up and sacrifice that aspect of development.

TheCaptainSargey

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2014, 11:35:48 PM »
Instant and unquestionable power to go about his goal, but times changed. Besides, he's still getting stronger after his hiatus from the dimension.

Maxwell Letterlock

• Roleplayer
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Chainsaws
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2014, 11:41:25 PM »
@Gid, he's an Ascendant, that kinda goes without saying.

You just said what I said. The only development being downwards, dampening his power with morals and reasoning. Your objective is to come up with a reason that he should have this development. What makes your character different from any other Ascendant? Why should I accept this character, when he could be so much more balanced with the same opportunity for development and then some because of the power bar not being full?
If you have difficulty answering, and you should, then you have arrived at the natural conclusion which is that, in practice, Ascended characters are just simply a hamper on active roleplaying. They might be fun for the roleplayer themself (less so than you would think, challenging battles, even emotional ones, are more fun than easy battles), but they are definitely not fun for the people that have to roleplay with that person.

Ascended characters, in our forum, are typically only plausible if they are an NPC; ergo you only use them reactively or a theoretical character, (see some of Kii's characters). Theoretical characters exist only to fulfill some kind of role and are ridiculously powerful, like my character Dominus. I will most likely never use Dominus in active roleplay but he is important because he is the counterpart to one of my groups, The Watchers, who play another role in my little subplot bubble. Important character, but only exists to add backstory.

"I'll buy you a stick for christmas."
Characters | Writings