Author Topic: The fishing. RP. Lottie.  (Read 370 times)

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • The Monster of the East
    • View Profile
The fishing. RP. Lottie.
« on: October 29, 2016, 12:44:09 AM »
Black armor glinted in the moonlight, it's lacquered surface simultaneously perfect and weathered, deep cuts from sword blades, remnants of spiderwebbing cracks from mace strikes, and puncture wounds from arrows all had been either filled in completely or edged in gold, making them perfect decorations along with the ornate patters that spiraled everywhere they hadn't been worn off. The horse that the figure rode seemed just as hardened as it's rider, the black chain mail on it'f fore end and haunches has silver scrapes up and down, several pink scars adorned it's face. A light brown cloak was wrapped around the rider's shoulders and head, his arms exposed from the elbows down. Through the narrow slit in the helm one could faintly make out a pair of deep purple eyes that seemed to glow from deep within.

The full moon above cast everything in a pale, baleful light, that seemed to make every shadow a thousand times darker than they had any right to be. The horse and rider went on in solemn silence for a little while longer, soon they came upon a large town, large enough that even half a league away the sounds of music and merriment could faintly be picked out on the breeze. As the black armored rider got closer to the town the faint sounds began to become a dull roar, and the golden light of fires started to beat back the moon's cold light. He rode for a short time before arriving in front of a tavern, a very, very loud tavern. Across the street was a brothel, two red lanterns seemed to beat back all other light, making the entire space seem alien in comparison to the rest of the town.

The rider dismounted and hitched his horse, placing his helmet in one of the saddle bags and pulling the cloak low over his incandescent purple eyes. Now with the helmet off people could make out his face, he had sallow features, with dark black hair and large eyes, his jaw was coated in patchy stubble, there was a small scar on the right side of his mouth, starting below his nose and making it's way across his lips and down to his chin. As the rider walked into the tavern he withdrew a piece of paper from his sleeve, and stuck it to the wall with a spike. It was a call for soldiers of fortune, a promise of gold for those who wouldn't mind getting their hands dirty, and that's before you get to claim whatever loot you find. The only stipulations? Play nice with the Knight Champion, Adric Fell, and be willing to die in a god-forsaken desert.

The rider wandered over to the bar and ordered a tankard of whatever they had that was strong, waiting until after he payed to take off his hood. As soon as he did that the seats on his right and left cleared out, and the barkeep scampered to the other side of the counter, her jaw suddenly very tight. Adric had to suppress a grin, the eyes of a Fell had a habit of intimidating the unpleasant excrement out of anyone. Well...  Almost anyone.

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
Re: The fishing. RP. Lottie.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 04:10:26 PM »
 Heavy breathing was in her ear, a little too close to be comfortable; she could practically feel the moisture in his breath hitting her as they both shifted and tried to find a decent position with her still up against the wall and the both of them still fully clothed.
 It was, quite honestly, the most unsatisfying sex Cedrica was having in a long, long time.
 To top it all off, it was in a tavern toilet.
 The two drunken adults kept shifting against each other as if they were going to accomplish anything further than friction burns, and the heir to the Cwenhild family fortune eventually decided that, actually, llama it, she wasn't drunk enough for this.

"Stop, stop," she slurred. "You're going to fishing set my trousers on fire at the rate you're trying to rub."
 The man eventually fell still. The two of them sat in an awkward silence, both breathing heavily. He began to speak at the same time as Cedrica.
 "Listen, I--" "Let's not, uh, let's not continue--" "I'll...  I'll talk to you at some point, if I get free time."
 With that, Cedrica slipped out of the toilet and started adjusting her haphazard clothing, clipping her cloak back in place as she shuffled onto a vacated seat. She got some side-eyes from the barkeep and the surrounding people but pinned it down to her likely bedraggled appearance and slammed a coin on the counter, quickly having it replaced by a tankard of what she assumed was mead.

It was only when she downed half the tankard that she noticed the presence of someone next to her. Clothed in dark armour and characterised with broad shoulders and a rough appearance, the man next to her commanded authority. He looked decently muscled, tall, and scarred. Something about his appearance, the calluses on his hands, his tightly-strung posture... something told her he'd earned that armour on his back.
 Once she was done giving him a once-over, she noticed a feature that was probably the most striking.
 Those eyes. Like looking into a shattered glass, or stained glass window. Despite everything Cedrica told herself about stamping down familial pride, she felt a huge surge of hatred well up inside her and she had to swallow down some bile as she looked away. She was in the presence of a Fell.
 fishing typical. Her day wasn't going badly enough already? She couldn't even get laid right and had to run into a gods-damned Fell.
 "Nice armour." She put on the smoothest accent she could, hiding the lilt that often made her sound so condescending and sarcastic. She spotted her reflection in her drink, her lipstick had smudged down her chin.
 Really?
Quote from: Prince Robot IV
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2019, 04:33:36 PM »
Adric downed his drink and clapped the tankard back onto the bar. A stranger had sat down next to him, she looked like she’d either just been banana'd very badly, or didn’t quite make it that far.
”Nice armor.” The stranger said. The accent she had was odd, and her face was… Oddly familiar. He couldn’t quite put his finger on it, but it was painfully clear she was far too wealthy to be slumming it in a tavern like this. Maybe to someone other than Adric it wouldn’t be so clear, but he knew expensive battle leather when he saw it, and he knew the posture of someone who grew up around a very large table. He also knew a fighter when he saw one.
And this… This was a fighter.
He turned to the newcomer, she met his eyes and grimaced. But didn’t shy away. He cocked his head to side, she was too familiar…
”I could say the same to you, nice leather.” He kept his eyes trained on her, Adric was certain that he’d seen this woman before, and he would find out where.

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 05:39:37 PM »
 The way he tilted his head, like some sort of dog. If a dog could somehow feel superior to you, that was. Ced tried to keep control of her expression as the wiped the makeup that had run down her face. At his comment, she glanced down at her armour. He was right.
 Ordinarily, Cedrica would have thought this armour quite shoddy, or even just the tiniest bit aged -- but his attention to his confirmed that yes, it was clearly great leatherwork. She was unable to hide in his eyes as a mere swindler if she wanted to. She consciously ran a hand down the velvet material of her cloak.
 "I suppose it's not too shabby, no." She responded casually, and she heard the barkeep scoff.
 "Her ladyship fancies herself a commoner," He butt in. "Despite very well being the richest woman here.
 Oh, Brynn. All the money in the world couldn't shut your loose tongue up. Cedrica glared pointedly at him. "Brynn. When do I expect your input in conversation?"
 The barkeep put another tankard down as she finished hers, and she slid more coin his way. "When you ask for it, ma'am."
 "And what was just now a clear example of? She challenged.
 "When my input is not welcome, ma'am. You've given me three coins short."
 "I expected better customer service." The swindler merely shrugged, and with an unhappy scowl set on back to his work. Ced turned her attention back to the Godsborne, not bothering to hide her disdain anymore.

She eyed up his armour; it was of well-make, and placed him in her eyes as a Templar. He didn't even bother to hide his heritage when dallying about in places such as this? What a bore. Cedrica was not close with her family, nor her heritage whatsoever, but in the presence of a Fell, she couldn't help but let the old stories get to her head. She wanted his head on a platter to give to her family, and perhaps even say.
 "The prodigal child returns! And I bear gifts!" They couldn't be too disappointed then. Not that a fight with this man would go particularly well; he was very clearly a skilled fighter. If his armour couldn't attest to that, then the scars he was donning definitely did; it was likely suicide to try and face him in one-on-one combat.
 That was if Ced made it a fair fight.
 "So," she drawled. "What brings a Fell--" try as she might, the name still came out as a curse on her tongue-- "To this dive?"
« Last Edit: January 29, 2019, 05:57:36 PM by Charlotte »
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 06:10:29 PM »
Adric didn’t acknowledge the barkeep except to toss a few more coins his way and nod, until he butted into their budding conversation. He arched an eyebrow, he knew that this woman had to be someone of importance, now he had it narrowed down a bit further. Could it be… ’Don’t be a fool Adric, she’d have killed you on the spot if she were one of them.” He took another tankard and dismissed the barkeep with a wave of his hand. The way she spit out his last name... 
”I’m here in this dive because my Templar brethren seem to have lost what little spine they had left.” He spit onto the hay covered floor and pointed to the parchment he had spiked to the wall. ”I’m looking for someone. Someone dangerous, and I’ll need help dealing with him.” 

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »
Ced raised a brow as he spat onto the floor, and even Brynn looked a little put out -- not put out enough to voice it to the Templar (unsurprisingly, he was quite a hulking mass), so the both of them merely shrugged it off.
 "I never associated the Templars with any spine, anyway," she chuckled. "Self-righteous prigs, the lot of you. You think throwing your lives away for a hopeless cause is what constitutes for courage yet can't handle some off-time with actual humans."
 Having had enough at her commentary on the Templar Order, Ced waved her hand dismissively. "This dangerous man you seek... does he happen to be a magician? A dreadful man associated with magic that therefore makes him the spawn of demons himself?"
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2019, 08:39:20 PM »
Adric had to suppress his sudden urge to kick this mysterious woman across the room, the nerve of someone disrespecting the Order…
”You can thank my Order of ‘self-righteous prigs’ that you still yet live, woman. He restrained his voice to keep from snarling. ”You would do well not to disrespect the Templars while seated before the Knight Champion.”
The daggers the stranger wore bore just as much evidence of her skill as her tight fitting leather. The wrappings around the hilts were stained with sweat, worn to a glossy sheen where her hands would slide on them as she fought. The supposed “ladyship” seemed as though she’d seen as many fights as Adric, if fewer battles. The way she looked at him gave him a sense of just how vulnerable some points of his armor were, even if purposefully hidden behind the dun cloak he wore, he doubted this woman didn’t know the weak spots in Templar armor.   
”He is a mage, but it’s not the magic that makes him evil. The spawn of demons however…” Adric moved his head side to side as if he were shaking words around in his head. ”Half.”

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 10:35:23 PM »
 Even the mention of demons had Cedrica shiver. They were not a lovely bunch, oft being horrific amalgams of... whatever created them. Perhaps this Templar, whether or not she liked him, had decent intent, trying to take down a creature spawn of the-- Wait a fishing second. This all sounded familiar.
 Knight Champion? A Fell? She tried so hard to ignore her family stories but not even--
 "Adric fishing Fell." Cedrica spat the words before she realised, her face twisted in disgust. "Just my luck, of all of your rotten family, I run into the righteous holy man himself Adric fishing Fell."
 At the mention of the Fell's name, the bartender looked up with wide eyes. Yes, that's right, keep staring at the mystical Godborne, the righteous liars-- Ced took a deep breath and stood, finishing her tankard and sliding it across the bar.
 "Is it Darius you hunt?" The ex-assassin, ex-spy spat at the older man. "The pathetic whelp your family couldn't bear to hate?" She rolled her eyes. "It's no wonder he turned out to be your adversary."
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2019, 02:45:12 AM »
Adric initially wasn’t phased by the woman’s berating. Like all things it would subside, as a Templar it wasn’t too uncommon in the further reaches on the continent to be distrusted, even despised.  Until she mentioned Darius.
Knowing his name alone was impressive enough. Most of the dune people called him Ka’Bhanda, he who reddens the sands, but knowing he and Adric were brothers? That was sensitive information.
High family information.
And only one of them hated the Fells as much as this woman seemed to. Despite himself, he threw his head back and laughed, a guttural, rough sound. He slammed a black armored fist into the table as he stooped to eye level with the woman. ”Perhaps I shall prostrate myself before my god, what a joy it is to come face to face with the Cwenhilds not so red-headed stepchild!” He glared at Cedrica, he cursed himself for not seeing it before, plain as daylight. ”Bold of you to speak of my family’s treatment of Darius, from what I hear you should have run off with him into that godforsaken desert.”
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 02:46:56 AM by Gideon »

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2019, 02:54:57 AM »
 His response stopped Cedrica in her tracks, and she growled at him.
 "With your demonic mistake? Unlike your heritage, mine isn't full of dirty god-bothering. Prostrate all you will! What sort of man has the blood of the gods in his veins and simply sits and prays to whichever one can take pity on him?!"
 Ced's fury was making her ramble, and she felt her flow breaking with an inwards cringe, running a hand through her tangled locks in frustration.
 "What have you heard of me?" she hissed. "I don't big-that additional appendage my way through life like yourself, there should be no stories to make up about me."
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 12:52:47 AM »
”I don’t don’t beg for pity Cedrica, I demand protection.” Adric’s kaleidoscopic eyes were lit with fire of rage he didn’t feel too often, of course the Cwenhild’s least reputable child was the only one he came across in the vague hope he didn’t need to fight Darius alone, yet again.

”I assure you Cwenheild, the stories about me are no falsehoods.” Adric snarled, standing back up and glowered at the woman he didn’t even know he hated 30 seconds before. Her smug arrogance matched his righteous anger step for step, how he hated it.
Adric had no use for a Cwenheild, much less a Cwenheild assassin.

”Continue your one woman crusade of whatever you do with your family name somewhere not in my presence.” He said as he walked out of the tavern.

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2019, 01:50:36 AM »
The fact he knew her name was impressive. That he used it against her? An insult that she could not allow to stand. Alas, she could not respond as she threw his words at her as if she were nothing but a dirty beggar he'd passed on the street on a particularly bad day.
 He stormed away from her with no further attention - or respect - and Ced found herself immediately following in his footsteps.
 It's a fishing curse, this familial unpleasant excrement. No matter how far apart you are from your family, you're still hunting down an argument in their honour. Cedrica thought bitterly.

"Oh, no Ser. You said you wanted help in hunting your demon brother? Who better else than a trained killer, hm? Better than a holy man, in my opinion." She sneered, catching up to him with ease. Despite his bulking mass, Ced was a fairly tall woman -- her long legs did not struggle to keep up with him. "We are not so caught up with petty things such as morality and a struggle to get it up."
Belay that goaty.