1 (9.1%)
Flexitarian
0 (0%)
Ominivore
9 (81.8%)
Vegan
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Dietary Preference  (Read 370 times)

Icarus

• Writer
  • Apprentice Mage
    • View Profile
Dietary Preference
« on: June 17, 2018, 10:55:54 AM »
Are you Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Pollotarian, Flexitarian, Ominivore or Vegan?
Why?
Vegetarian - Vegetarians do not consume red meat, white meat, fish or fowl. However, vegetarians do consume dairy products and egg products. This is the most common type of vegetarian.
Pescatarian - While technically not a type of vegetarian, these individuals do restrict their meat consumption to fish and seafood only. Pescatarians do not consume red meat, white meat or fowl. This is considered a “semi-vegetarian” or “flexitarian” diet.
Pollotarian - Much like the pescatarian, this “semi-vegetarian” diet restricts  meat consumption to poultry and fowl only. Pollotarians do not consume red meat or fish and seafood
Flexitarian - A plant-based diet with the occasional meat item on the menu. These folks do their best to limit meat intake as much as possible and they have an almost entirely plant-based diet.
Omnivore - A diet consisting of both meat and plants.
Vegan - Vegans do not consume any animal products or by-products. So vegans of course do not consume red or white meat, fish or fowl. They also do not consume eggs and dairy. Vegans do not use honey or beeswax, gelatin and any other animal by-product ingredients or products. Vegans typically do not use animal products such as silk, leather and wool, as well.

Personally, I'm an Omnivore that leans more towards meat, fruit and veg are in my diet but not as much as meat, and I don't eat fish. I choose this because I find that meat tastes a lot better than fruit and vegetables. However I also believe that certain types of live stock have so many natural predators that if we stopped eating them, they'd go extinct. I also believe in freerange and sustainable farming.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 10:59:44 AM by Icarus »

wassboss

• Rookie Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Dietary Preference
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »
I'm an omnivore because you know that's what humans are supposed to be. I know that we're not supposed to eat as much meat as we do but meat is a part of our diet and plays an important part in health and nutrition. On the personal side of things I find meat much much tastier than vegetables or fruit more so Red or White Meat and I'm just neutral on fish, i'll eat it but it wouldn't be my first choice.

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 12:15:10 PM »
I eat either chicken, turkey or a fish every day. I always have vegetables with dinner. Fruits are limited.

I like red meat such as beef and pork, but I limit them to once a week.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 12:15:50 PM by ExtraterrestrialGuy »

BlitheTrinket

• Writer
  • Rookie Mage
    • Blithe Trinket
    • View Profile
    • Join me on Reddit!
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2018, 11:02:41 AM »
I wish I could try a vegan diet, but I'm such a fussy eater that I think I'd struggle to make full meals. I absolutely love tuna though, so I think that would be really difficult for me to give up! I would say I eat a decent-ish diet at the moment though. I like a lot of vegetables and I try to have them with everything I eat. Currently eating an omnivorous diet, but I find that recently meat textures and tastes are making me super nauseous. Maybe this is my vegetarian transition!
"I need a layer of fat to protect my six pack." - Saracen Rue, probably.

Morality

• Writer
  • Mortal
    • Psychotic Morale
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2018, 07:57:40 AM »
anything
“What would killing the Elders result in?"
"Panic? Fear? Three empty parking spaces in the Sanctuary?”

MAGICALLY AMBIDEXTROUS: Necromancy AND Subatomic Manipulation

Dregran Entropy

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • Dregran Entropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2018, 09:29:52 PM »
I like red meat and fish and egg too much to be anything other than omnivore. I love food.
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us.

Skulduggery Forums Rules
Character Profile Rules | Character Index
Ask Me Anything

Orgil

• Theorist
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
    • orgil-sf.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 10:43:08 AM »
I eat pretty much everything that is offered to me but most of my diet consists of red meat and flour products.
According to the armsmen fighting alongside Sarge, his swears were so vitriolic that they actually turned into little insectoid creatures as they left his mouth, and had to be swatted out of the air as they tried to bite people. Given how warpy his section of the line had gotten by that point, none of us questioned this.