Author Topic: Oh hey whats this  (Read 208 times)

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • I got the horses in the back
    • View Profile
Oh hey whats this
« on: October 30, 2018, 04:57:31 PM »
Kazuto loved Bangkok. Bustling nightlife, vaguely nice people, and plenty of people that other people wanted dead. Especially after the events of the previous year, most of Asia had become a safe haven for criminals, outcasts, and the generally unsavory types of the magical world. In this particular case, Kazuto was on a mission from Akira himself, some mages had banded together to form a sort of vigilante group, dedicated to an attempt to wrest control of Thailand back into the hands of the good, decent people. An admirable goal if there ever was one. But it wasn’t nearly advantageous enough to the Nagashino Necromancers. Their higher ups had been easy pickings, they never varied their schedules, they didn’t try nearly hard enough to not make their presence known. Heroes always thought themselves invincible.
Until Kazuto took care of them. They met in the same warehouse every month for two hours, and even if they had seen Kazuto coming, he was no ordinary thug. Two elementals and an energy thrower. By the time they knew something was wrong, Kazuto had shadow walked into the building, appearing in a puff of smoke and a blur of steel. In less than four seconds, what could have been a new beginning for Thailand, maybe a new set of power in Asia, was gone.
And now Kazuto Naginata needed a drink. So he headed into downtown, there was a rooftop bar there that served primarily mages, always a lively spot.   

Keilax

• Archmage
    • Pronounced: KEE-Lacks
    • View Profile
Re: Oh hey whats this
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2018, 05:12:37 PM »
The Irishman stood at the bar, waiting for the attention of the barman. The evening air was pleasant, as was the atmosphere. He couldn't help but feel good here. Unlike his home, this place was warm, inviting and bright.
It was frankly alien.
Salazar had come back from a meeting with a liaison for a potential investor. Who this investor was, he didn't know. And as long as he got paid, he wasn't going to ask.
Paying the barman, he took his drink and chose a table out the way of other people. Making himself comfortable, he slouched in his chair as he slowly sipped the beverage, looking at the other people. They were all so young.
Unlike him.
His once black main had flecks of grey and white. His beard wasn't spared from this fate either. He was getting old.
He sighed. Maybe this is what mortals called a midlife crisis.
Salazar sipped his drink some more and continued to people watch.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 05:55:54 PM »
Kazuto made his way up the series of stairs to the rooftop, on the way he had stashed his vest and weapons at a Necromancer safehouse. The night was warm and humid, so the Necromancer had swapped his traditional attire for khaki shorts and a short sleeved tee shirt. His scarf was wrapped around his neck, he thanked whatever gods there were for the fact that necromancy objects stayed so constantly cold.
He entered the rooftop bar and smiled. Music came softly out of well-hidden speakers, and the soft hum of conversation was exactly the type of thing Kazuto liked to hear. He made his way through to the bar, ordered his drink and made his way away. He looked around, there didn’t seem to be any unoccupied tables, except one. It only had one man at it.
’Ah, well, it never hurts to ask.’ Kazuto thought to himself as he made his way to the table.
”Would you mind if I took a seat here, friend?” Kazuto asked in near perfect Thai.

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »
The sorcerer was brought out of his thoughts by a guy approaching his table. He said something Thai.
Damn. His Thai was pretty poor compared to what it used to be. He had brushed up a bit, but only enough to get round the city and buy a drink. He was asking to sit down from what he could remember.
He gestured to the seat next to him nonchalantly.
"Sure, go ahead." He said slowly, his drink slowing his brain slightly.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:49:24 PM »
”You have my thanks, friend!” Kazuto said cheerily. The man was an interesting looking one, with a sallow face and bearing scars that would make most men wince at the thought of getting. He found them fascinating. Perhaps this meeting was going to be more fun than he expected, the man had the look of a man after Kazuto’s own heart, a killer. If perhaps one that seemed to enjoy himself far less. His unkempt hair was shoulder length, not particularly filthy per say, but definitely not well maintained. He wondered if this Irishman was here for the same reason so many others had flocked to Asia after the toppling of the Chinese Sanctuary.
”I’m Kazuto Naginata, who do I have the pleasure of meeting on this fine night?”

Keilax

• Archmage
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 09:20:54 PM »
With an eyebrow raise, the mage took a sip of his drink. The stranger, Kazuto Naginata apparently, was asking his name. Salazar was a grouchy, old and thoroughly cold man. But he was not without manners.
"I am Salazar. A pleasure to meet you, Mr Naginata." He introduced formally, his alcohol-filled brain struggling to get the words. "It is indeed a fine night. It's a lovely city."
The man seemed slightly overly cheery, quite different from his homeland. Ireland, especially where he generally resided and called home, was quite different. Back home, telling someone to piss off was considered friendly. He noticed the man looking him over. He certainly wasn't one to blend particularly smoothly anymore.