Author Topic: What Are Your Favourite Fantasy Books?  (Read 106 times)

MissMacabre

• Lurker
  • Mortal
    • View Profile
What Are Your Favourite Fantasy Books?
« on: December 21, 2018, 05:53:36 PM »
Subject title is pretty self-explanatory. Tell me your fantasy books, whether standalone or series.

Some of mine off the top of my head:
The Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer; The Redwall series by Brian Jacques; Watership Down and Plague Dogs by Richard Adams (which are more adventure fiction, I know, but they both have fantasy aspects); The Belgariad and The Tamuli series by David Eddings (details are hazy though); The Dark Tower series by Stephen King (though I'm more into his horror stuff like Pet Semetary and Salem's Lot); too many Neil Gaiman books/comics to count (Good Omens, Neverwhere, The Sandman); and basically anything that Clive Barker has ever created. Literally. Name a Clive Barker story and I've 99.9% sure I've devoured it at some point. I'm also super into Edgar Allen Poe; that's more gothic horror but it has heavily influenced the type of stories I like.

Your turn!

- The Twelfth Doctor

|Extended Signature|

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
Re: What Are Your Favourite Fantasy Books?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
Robert Fagels' translations of the Iliad, the Odyssey and the Aeneid are my favourites.

I also like the Narnia books, and am upset that they cancelled Dave Magee's Silver Chair movie for a Netflix series.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 06:50:33 PM by ExtraterrestrialGuy »