Author Topic: Medieval High Fantasy Setting  (Read 280 times)

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
Medieval High Fantasy Setting
« on: December 21, 2018, 10:25:29 PM »
Oioi.

I got a craving for some high fantasy roleplay after spending too much money on a Pathfinder game. SO, any takers? I'll explain some of the lore I'm thinking;

Naturally, a high fantasy setting usually takes places in a different world from the primary one -- meaning we're probably talking dragons, orcs, elves, tieflings -- whatever fishing D&D-like stuff you wanna throw in here, really -- I'll post up a skeleton if there actually any takers (as naturally man's not gonna go to the effort to make an entire fishing custom skeleton only to have you llamas not wanna do this am I now). I'll make it kinda in-depth but not so much that you'll spend more than 20 minutes on it if you really don't wanna. All I ask is as normal; nothing overpowered -- THINK about your character as a person. They will have flaws AND strengths, and maybe even racial attributes that affect them differently to the other races they will be roleplaying with. There won't be any one-touch kills or anything like that.
But you guys know that.
I don't mind a Mary-Sue, so long as they aren't WAAY up there on the scale, 'cus it's high fantasy, which is like a world of Mary-Sue's. Just no fishing Geralt of Rivia's up here please.
This is open to EVERYONE. Just post in this thread or PM me or whatever and it's sorted. Same goes for any questions you have-- just set them my way and we'll figure out whatever you want to try and implement. I already have a sort-of plot in the works in my head, for a general direction this RP will go (nothing too linear, just a "this is the general goal and whatever llama shenanigans will be in the middle can be in the middle"). I would shove this straight in the world of Dungeons and Dragons but in all honesty, their worlds can be a bit complex imo and I'd like this to just be a simple fun thing.

I've been rambling for like ten aeons now so I'll just leave it now. Any takers?

EDIT:
Races.
Alignment help.
Class types -- you don't have to go into extreme detail, just an overview of what sort of stuff they do.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 10:42:56 PM by Charlotte »
Quote from: Ash | The Dictator
Hate me later. Save us now.

Mad Murdock

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Mage
    • Z'ev
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval High Fantasy Setting
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 01:25:36 AM »
I'm interested, though I'm oblivious to anything D&D.  I'll check out those links.
"Your grasp of the English language never ceases to amaze me" - LovedthenhatedErskine [27 May 2015]

Mathieu Finnick-Bane and Rico Classified art by Jara

"You're bold enough to assume as much."

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 02:53:17 PM »
I'm interested, though I'm oblivious to anything D&D.  I'll check out those links.

Don't worry about having an extensive or even a real base knowledge of D&D. It's more just a background that can be used.

Keilax

• Archmage
    • Pronounced: KEE-Lacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 07:36:02 PM »
I'm interested, like I said in DMs!

Mad Murdock

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Mage
    • Z'ev
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 08:46:29 AM »
Waitinggggggggggggg
"Your grasp of the English language never ceases to amaze me" - LovedthenhatedErskine [27 May 2015]

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 10:50:50 PM »
i... will get round to this... soon...

Mad Murdock

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Mage
    • Z'ev
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 08:10:39 AM »
How soon