Author Topic: Greetings Fellow Children of the Night...and Others  (Read 95 times)

MissMacabre

• Lurker
  • Mortal
    • View Profile
Greetings Fellow Children of the Night...and Others
« on: December 18, 2018, 07:29:49 PM »

jk

Hello!    again...technically?

I was here before, eons ago, back in the dark age of my early teens. Figured I'd come back now that I'm no longer a tiny gremlin. I'm now a medium-sized gremlin.

Fortunately and unfortunately, 14-year-old me had the common decency to delete her account (either that or it was wiped in an inactivity purge) before she left,
so I had to make a fresh account, which is probably for the best. Even if it wasn't deleted, I don't have access to the email I would have used back then.
But I digress.

Allow me to re-introduce myself:
I'm a horror buff from NSW, Australia who loves movies, video games, fantasy books, and is slightly a bit too obsessed with the man pictured above. I'll tell you a fun fact regarding that later.
I got into the Skulduggery Pleasant series in 2010 when the first book was available to order from the Bookclub catalogue that came to my school.
I read it in a matter of a couple of days and pleaded my mum to buy the rest for me.
At this point, Mortal Coil had just been released. My mum bought me the next two books the following month and Dark Days for Christmas 2010.
I'd get the rest of the books over the next two years until I was caught up (at the time) in late 2012.
From there onwards, things get a bit awry.

When Last Stand of Dead Men released, I was busy engrossed in other books and didn't pay attention to the fact it had released.
I'd already filled my "mum, these are the books I want" quota for my birthday and Christmas anyway.
My mum bought me Last Stand for my birthday in 2014 and my aunt bought me an autographed copy of Dying of the Light for Christmas that year
so I reckoned, since I have all the books at once, I'd re-read them all from the beginning before moving ahead with the last two.

mAJOR YIKES

What I thought would take me no time at all took me right up until January 2016 to complete...and that was just the re-reading; I still had the last two books to do.
2016 and 2017 were a mess because I was doing my senior years of high school, then this past year I've been too busy being a uni student to read  a n y t h i n g !
I didn't even know there was a second 'series' of SP until earlier this year when my friend took a picture of her Midnight copy!
My master plan is to read Last Stand and Dying of the Light (and maybe Resurrection if I get to it) between now and when I start back at uni in February.
I have absolutely nothing to do from now until then so I'm just gonna sit pretty and read.

Wish me luck!

Oh yeah and that fun fact I semi-mentioned earlier:
When I first started reading SP, I had no clue what an Irish accent sounded like so instead Valkyrie was Aussie because it suited her sarcastic tone and Skullduggery had Peter Capaldi's voice.
When Skulduggery's voice was described the first time, I immediately thought of his voice and it's so ingrained into the character for me that he's now and forever going to be my headcanon Skulduggery.
Velvety-smooth, eloquent, and dripping with gravitas, wit, and warm arrogance...it's a perfect fit, as long as you don't pay attention to the fact that he's Scottish. I mean Scottish is close enough to Irish, right guys? Right?

“I don’t need you sensitive, Skulduggery. I need you aloof and irresponsible and arrogant. That’s why I love you. That’s why I let you hang out with me.”

Feel free to message me here if you want, though you'll find me more easily on the Discord.  ;)

It's good to be back!

- The Twelfth Doctor

|Extended Signature|

ExtraterrestrialGuy

• Global Moderator
  • Ancient
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings Fellow Children of the Night...and Others
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 12:48:31 AM »
Welcome back. 

Dregran Entropy

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • Dregran Entropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 07:38:04 AM »
That was genuinely fun to read. Welcome back!
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us.

Skulduggery Forums Rules
Character Profile Rules | Character Index
Ask Me Anything

MissMacabre

• Lurker
  • Mortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 09:54:51 AM »
Welcome back.
Good to be back!

That was genuinely fun to read. Welcome back!
Thank you!  ;D
I try my best to be interesting. :)

- The Twelfth Doctor

|Extended Signature|

Keilax

• Archmage
    • Pronounced: KEE-Lacks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 04:28:16 PM »
Nice to have an old face return. I'm not sure if we coincided, but regardless, hello, welcome and ahoy-hoy! Hope to see more of you! And remember the immortal wise words of...
Don't be lasagne.

BlitheTrinket

• Writer
  • Rookie Mage
    • Blithe Trinket
    • View Profile
    • Join me on Reddit!
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 06:28:52 PM »
You seem like a delight! Welcome back.
"I need a layer of fat to protect my six pack." - Saracen Rue, probably.

MissMacabre

• Lurker
  • Mortal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
Nice to have an old face return. I'm not sure if we coincided, but regardless, hello, welcome and ahoy-hoy! Hope to see more of you! And remember the immortal wise words of...
Don't be lasagne.

"That one's important. Write it down!"

Haha, I've posted in a few threads at this point. Mainly reviving dead threads to add stuff.

You seem like a delight! Welcome back.
Why thank you! I've seen your posts as I've wandered around here; you seem lovely too!

- The Twelfth Doctor

|Extended Signature|