Author Topic: Yeah I wanted to use Gideon and look at me now  (Read 233 times)

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah I wanted to use Gideon and look at me now
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2019, 09:59:10 AM »
 Nadine jumped back a whole foot when Gideon tapped on the window, though both the teleporter and Ether stood their ground. With no small amount of shame, she glanced to Thorkild - whose raving suddenly seemed a lot more fair now that the beast was awake, she noticed sweat forming on his brow.
 Well, if he was nervous, he had absolutely no idea the amount of flips her stomach was making. Despite looking like he had been part of some wreckage, the beast before them spoke somewhat eloquently, but his words made absolutely no sense. They were archaic, as if he still spoke as if he were a three-hundred year old mage.

Ether glanced at the teleporter. "How old is he?"
 "Seventeen..." Nadine answered, and ignored the judgemental look that Ether passed her way. "What are we meant to do if he gets out?"
 Eth moved her gaze back to the killer, "Hide behind me, I suppose. And pretend that the smell of urine isn't coming from you."
 How reassuring...

Ether tapped the window again, demanding his attention.
 "Think you can behave yourself for ten minutes? No killing or death threats for a bit? It'd make my job a lot easier, I'm not looking for another fight." She was surprisingly polite, "The psionics are a little busy, but we gather that their presence hurts you." Ether shrugged. "Not looking to cause you more pain just for fish heads and giggles."

That was when the Spaniard finally noticed it, the augments where the skin was slowly knitting back together, running down his spine and shoulders. She let out an audible gasp.
 "What... what's he done to himself?"
 Ether's gaze hardened. "Nothing, that's all the project you're so keen on putting your nose into. Isn't it?" She directed the question at Gideon. "Pretty banana'd, huh?"
Quote from: Prince Robot IV
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • The Monster of the East
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2019, 11:38:58 PM »
Gideon locked his gaze on the new woman  and pressed his face close to the reinforced glass. Upside down, locked in such low gravity, Gideon’s hair and what remained of his shirt floated around him, exposing the thick bed of black and yellow cables embedded in the delicate flesh of his neck and skull. His predatory eyes wandered from her shoulders to her throat and then to her face. The Nails liked the idea of killing her, tearing her face from her dainty skull, they sent a jolt through him, his shoulders and neck spasmed, rolling his head back as the pain ticked just that little bit higher. Her accent was Spanish, not the kind that stupid vampire in Mexico had, more European.

Gideon pushed off the ceiling and floated to the ground, landing on the balls of his feet anchoring himself to the stone floor with his right hand, resting his left on his knee, the whole time staring directly at Nadine. What was it Katyusha had called him all those years ago... ’Glaz Tigrinyy, tiger eyes.’ The thought of Katyusha, her violent end and painful life, made the Nails twitch, simultaneously enjoying the memories of bloodshed and hating the thought of being controlled. He tuned into what Ether was saying for just a moment as she turned her attention back to the Scot.

”Not looking to cause you more pain....” Gideon’s head snapped back to ether, dragging the Nails away from the woman they had marked for death. That was not a sentence Gideon had been expecting, for a second at most, his expression softened, his predatory grin and scowl replaced for only a moment with what any sane person would see as thankfulness.
But the Nails don’t like thankfulness. Gideon’s entire body spasmed, forcing him to place both hands on the ground to anchor himself, he gritted his teeth and tried to speak through the pulsing wires.

”Th-the Nails d-don’t l-like it wh-when I st-stop killing.” Gideon’s voice was strained, the impact of the Nails behind his head kept him constantly twitching, punishment it seemed, was inevitable. The relentless beating continued for long enough that the rest if the conversation was inaudible to Gideon.

Thorkild tried to appear calm as he stepped back from the cell, keeping himself at least somewhat between Nadine and the Scourge of Scotland as best he could. Every fiber of his being told him to either run, or cut this worthless killer down while he had the chance. He hated Gideon’s eyes, those bright hazel things with massively dilated pupils while he looked at Nadine, he wanted to kill her so badly Thorkild could practically feel the bloodlust around him. If the beast wanted her dead this badly, Thorkild doubted he could stop him.

But then something very, very odd happened. Again. Ether spoke to Gideon like he was some kind of frightened dog, a polite, gentle tone that seemed very odd to speak to a serial killer in.

And he responded. He actually reacted in a way that wasn’t threatening to tear off someone’s arms.

”What... what did you do to him?” Thorkild said. He was awestruck, what kind of monster does it take to tame one of the biggest monsters that the magical community had cooked up? Who exactly was this woman? Why did she not kill him when she had the chance? Thorkild could sense some kind of kinship was felt between Ether and Gideon, whether that went both ways he couldn’t tell, but she certainly had some kind of vested interest in him that went beyond handling him for Nadine.

”What the llama is happening right now?”

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 04:49:27 PM »
His stare was rounded on Nadine with a predatory intent, causing her heart to jump down into her stomach. Her chest palpitated a little, making it hard to breathe.
 What the llama have I gotten myself into? She thought fretfully as her palms started to itch; she could have sworn she was starting to sweat. And to add insult to injury, the student next to her was merely typing something on his phone.
 In fact, she had barely noticed Thorkild's subtle shift in stance to stand somewhat in front of her. When she did, she flashed him a thankful look that she hoped portrayed her sorrow in involving him so heavily.
 Nadine doubted that he'd ever fully forgive her. Yet now was not the time to worry about the relationship implications of her work. In this moment, she was no longer an avid journalist, hunting for her next story in the warm streets of Spain. To Gideon Macabre, she was no-one and nothing other than a kill that would be too quick, too easy, to be satisfying enough for longer than perhaps an hour or so.
 Despite being in zero gravity conditions, the killer shifted his weight and moved with skill, moving one arm down in an almost delicate motion to keep himself rooted to the floor, the rest of his body floating as if in a divine portrait.
 Something Ether said dragged his attention away from Nadine, and she loosed a quiet breath that she hadn't realised she'd been holding. She could have sworn there was an emotion that flashed across his face that wasn't pure rage for a second, but it was ruined by his entire body convulsing in a way that had her step back once again.
 Despite herself, the words she used to recite with her mother started blurting out from her, quieter than a whisper; "Padre nuestro, que estás en el cielo. Santificado sea tu nombre--" It was the teleporter's hand on her shoulder that broke her from her reverie, allowing her to fall fully silent as she realised what he was bringing her attention to.
 The killer had calmed, as calm as one could be when wracked with unthinkable pain. He was talking as if they were just having a particular strained cup of tea.
 "What the llama." She finally spoke at full volume. "How..."

Ether rose a brow at the Elder's comments.
 "I didn't do anything." She turned her attention back to Gideon, deeming both Thorkild and Nadine too over-dramatic. "The Nails? Is that what you call the implants? There's plenty of animals in your cell to shred up for now." 
 With that, Ether slowly stopped manipulating the gravity around him, allowing him to sink to the floor. She noticed Nadine stiffen once again in her peripherals; understandably unhappy at the man who'd fixated on the idea of killing her being able to have full movement. The Spaniard opened her mouth to protest when Ether raised her good hand to shut her up.
 "I wonder if anyone has ever bothered just being polite? You'll find that sometimes it works out."
 "Being diplomatic is wonderful when it's not with a man known for his brutal nature." Nadine countered coldly. "I somehow don't think many people he's run into end up alive at the end of the encounter."
 Ether looked back at Gideon. "Do you want to llama up Israel Sodom?"
 Nadine's eyes narrowed. "Not how I would have put it."
 "Your business thrives on bullunpleasant excrement." Ether mocked. "I'm being straight with the man. I ask again, do you want to llama up Israel Sodom? I know I would."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 04:51:39 PM by Charlotte »
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 08:19:17 PM »
Thorkild was impressed by Gideon’s ability to move in zero gravity. Even in a state where he should have been fumbling at confused, Gideon was graceful and moved with a purpose and ability the likes of which only came from being a killer of skill that most would never comprehend. The kind of confidence that only came from three centuries of murder and only counting the number of times you’d been beaten on one hand. Thorkild caught Nadine’s look, if she was trying to convey sorrow, she succeeded. Thorkild had warned her, she didn’t know the kind of forces she was playing with, and now here she was, a non-combative mage standing in a god forsaken facility made for human experimentation next to a super-vampire who could manipulate gravity and defeated the creature in glass to his left. A creature that regarded all of them with an expression that wasn’t human anymore, it was the look of an apex predator, something that nothing would dare to actively try and defeat unless it wanted its life expectancy to drop dramatically.

But Ether? She was something else entirely, she was reasoning with him. Reasoning with a walking talking weapon of mass destruction. Even doubled over in pain, he was talking to her, explaining why not trying to kill them all wasn’t going to be particularly easy. Thorkild hadn’t seen anything like it, and then she eased off the gravity. Thorkild adjusted slightly to keep himself equidistant from Nadine and Gideon, he swallowed heavily but didn’t say anything, his icy blue eyes were trained on Gideon, his focus entirely on his hated enemy until, …”llama up Israel Sodom? I know I would.” Thorkild turned his head to Ether, a measured, careful motion, then to Nadine, and then back to Ether.
”Are you suggesting…” Thorkild mumbled. ”Did you just threaten to use Gideon Macabre on Israel Sodom? Israel SODOM?” Thorkild turned his back on Gideon, his grunts of pain assured him that he could take his eyes off him, focusing back on Nadine. ”Was THIS your plan? Get a hold of a walking war crime and try to send him against Israel Sodom? One of the most powerful telekinetics alive and an Elder of the Cote d’Ivoire Sanctuary?” Thorkild was awestruck, not in his wildest dreams would he have thought of this, not in another 700 years would he have though Nadine would be planning on sending something to try and kill Israel. But before he could launch into another tirade, he heard Gideon stand back up.

Gideon felt his body grow heavier. Slowly his head and chest, assisted by the weight of his arms, made their way to the ground, then his legs, until after a few seconds he was sprawled on the stone ground. The Nails pounding into his skull, sending shocks through his neck and shoulders, cascading down his spine to make his legs twitch, his feet cracking into the ground. Slowly he gained his wits again, eyes refocusing as the Nails fell still behind him. He exhaled a heavy, shaking breath. He could hear Ether as he pushed up from the ground, growling as the wires moved around in his back.
"Th-the Nails. Y-yes. They c-called them th-that wh-when they p-p-put them in." Gideon screwed his eyes shut, talking through a renewed set of shocks from the Nails, threatening to knock him back onto his stomach, he struggled to listen through the ringing in his ears, but amid all of the noise he made out one thing distinctly. Very, very distinctly.
Israel Sodom.
The Nails immediately switched gears, hearing the name of the woman who had subjected him to relentless experimentation, eventually resulting in the implantation of the Nails. The ultimate tool to keep a weapon like him under control. Israel fishing Sodom had reached deep into Gideon’s vast well of hatred. All the thoughts that had ever crossed his addled mind about killing Israel Sodom swam lazily back to the surface. Fresh bloodlust welled in his eyes, his pupils dilated, his mouth split into his signature metal filled grin as he drew himself up to full height. But this time he wasn’t looking at anyone, he looked over all their heads as hundreds of images of a murder so brutal it would make anyone uncomfortable to even think possible.  His muscles were tight, as if his entire body was a torsion spring only held back by the wielder’s choice of whether or not to pull the trigger.

”I want her to suffer as I have. I want her to die for days.” Gideon growled into the empty air over the heads of the people on the other side of the glass.

His face snapped back to Nadine with terrifying speed, fast enough that anyone besides Ether probably wouldn’t even register his head had done anything more than twitch on top of his neck slightly before being pointed directly at the Spaniard.

”Is this what you offer me, Spaniard?”

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2019, 01:18:12 AM »
 Nadine got absolutely no opportunity to speak up against both Ether and Gideon, trying to placate the killer and perhaps tell him it wouldn't exactly play out the way he was thinking of before Thorkild whirled on her.
 "Did you just threaten to use Gideon Macabre on Israel Sodom? Israel SODOM?" His voice sounded unusually shrill and lilting oddly, clearly distressed.
 "You're assu--" She tried to cut in weakly, and noticed that Joakim and Ether only looked on in pity at his oncoming torrent of disapproval.
 "Was THIS your plan? Get a hold of a walking war crime and try to send him against Israel Sodom? One of the most powerful telekinetics alive and an Elder of the Cote d’Ivoire Sanctuary?
 Nadine visibly recoiled, taking another step back, but before she could respond Thorkild's eyes were back on Gideon, warily taking in every movement of his.

His movements were imperceptible, and the piercing gaze struck right through her. She fell absolutely still.
 Ether made a gesture for her to speak, realising that all the colour had drained out of Nadine's face at being put on the spot.
 This is how I'm going to die. Nad took a shaky breath.
 "I... was never going to use anyone against anything. I have absolutely no intention of getting you to kill anyone. To be blunt, I'm rather worried if I even attempt such a thing, the first head to roll will be my own." Nadine managed to say, causing a derisive snort from the vampire across from her. In response, Nadine shot her a nasty glare, the bones of her knuckles poked out to shield the skin, slowly starting to encase her hands -- a knee-jerk reaction she hadn't noticed. "If you really wanted to go head to head with Israel Sodom, I won't stop you, but good luck. She is quite a force to be reckoned with."
 "Who said he'd be alone?" Ether purred, a sickly noise that made Nadine want to retch. Her jaw set.
 This vampiric dog of female orientation was going to ruin her entire fishing plan and get her killed with her ridiculous bloodlust. This dog of female orientation was going to-- Nadine's eyes widened in realisation. It was a risk, but if Ether was here to protect them... she had orders. And the Midas Project was hardly a secret; especially when a lot of the magical community wanted to know why their scientists in Africa were getting slaughtered.
 "And who said," Nadine's voice had finally regained its cool, she finally was able to weave her words. "That your handler would let you? You are family, after all. She wouldn't want to lose her bodyguard."
 A low growl resounded from Ether at that, shaking the woman's entire body in a fit of fury. Her lips curled upward into a disgusting snarl, those claws curling as if they were imagining the exact way they'd sink into the skin of Nadine's throat. She spat something out in a language Nadine did not understand, but remained where she was.
 So it seemed Jacinth had kept her pet on a leash for her. With that knowledge, Nadine was finally able to keep calm.

"All I wanted was to know of Project Blackshield." Her full attention turned to Gideon. "Israel needs to be brought to justice, and if it can't happen your way, then I only ask you allow for the opportunity for it to happen my way as well. You can do whatever you want, you can go and face her down and try and tear her limb from limb if you wish and I'll give you all the resources to do so unhindered, but should that fail, allow me the chance to make sure that she goes down no matter what. I'm offering you closure, and failing that, retribution."
 Even Ether didn't seem to be put out by such an offer. The vampire looked to Gideon with a raised brow and shrugged, as if to say; Doesn't sound like such a bad idea.
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2019, 02:11:05 AM »
Thorkild turned back to Nadine, keeping his gaze on her as she spoke to Gideon. So this wasn’t her plan, at least that was a relief. He took a small step toward Nadine when her knuckles spiked. He kept his hands low and his eyes on Ether, not that there was much he could do if Ether took offense to her response. Thorkild arched an eyebrow at ether when she responded to Nadine’s comment about going toe to toe with Israel Sodom. ”You wish to accompany him to fight Israel?” Thorkild asked slowly, he had regained some control in his voice, at this point more curious than outraged, though still not particularly thrilled by his current situation, until Ether growled at Nadine, Thorkild took a full step forward, flexing the fingers in his left hand. Something was keeping Ether back from killing Nadine, and it definitely wasn’t the energy cracking between Thorkild’s fingers. The magic fizzled out and he stepped back. ”I apologize... The past hour has been very, very sudden.” He said to ether and Nadine both.
And then Nadine cut Gideon a deal, she’d let him try to kill Israel, but if that didn’t work she’d be brought to justice. This newfound streak of caring about justice was an odd transformation for the Spaniard Thorkild had firmly pegged as a self serving information gatherer.

Gideon stepped back from the glass slightly. The Nails started to bite as Nadine explained her plan and premise to him. Before he was able to stop them, the Nails drove his anger to incredible heights, just for a fraction of a second as his own brain rebelled against him. ”DO NOT SAY ITS NAME!!!” Gideon screamed, that fraction of a second was enough for him to swing at and hit the glass with his reinforced fist.
Sigils flared in a brilliant blue flash, the smell of ozone filled the room and Gideon’s hand was pushed back, the flesh around his knuckles was burned away, exposing the metal bones underneath. He snarled and turned around, pacing the cell as the muscles in his face and shoulders twitched, preparing for the coming bite.

Gideon shook his head, eyes focused back on Nadine, but with less laser precision.
”Y-your offer i-is ac-accep-ceptable.” Gideon stammered and screwed his eyes shut. ”Wh-What do y-you want on th-the pro-project.”

Charlotte

• Lurker
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 02:32:46 AM »
 Nadine reached a hand to rest on Thorkild's elbow, an odd clacking noise emanating from the bone that ground together.
 "It's fine."

Gideon's reaction, however, was not. The sudden rage that overtook him didn't seem to be triggered by anything, and the mages around him all seemed lost on how to react. Despite her posturing, Ether went into action remarkably quickly -- moving herself in front of all three mages before Nadine could even blink.

Staring at Gideon's hand, Ether let out a breath through her teeth as he made the same mistake she did too often as a child.
 "You never touch the glass." Ether informed him. "It does unpleasant excrement like that."

Despite this, he had turned to Nadine and his gaze was soft enough to let her sigh in relief as she realised he'd be accepting her offer before he even said it. The young woman's shoulder's sagged and she ran a hand over her face.
 "Ohmygodthankllamaforthat." She mumbled into her hand. She had honestly started resigning herself to either dying in this room or getting killed by the English madwoman back at her own home. "Literally everything."

The Teleporter coughed. "Um. You said he was... a war asset? The war was ending around when you were born, that's a lot of ground to cover. Plus, you don't tend to ask vets to recount their war stories. Unless, you know, you're you."
 Nadine frowned at being chided by a literal child, and crossed her arms. "Fine. Start at the beginning. Ether's sister here says you were born under the name Charlie, you were implanted with... those things, by Israel Sodom... presumably while you were still quite young, and the Nails, as you call them, were part of a matching set--"
 "We'll leave that bit alone." Ether warned, Nadine frowned.
 "The more we know--"
 "We'll leave that bit alone." Ether repeated, a little harder this time. "There are some things you don't force people to relive. Ask Silas or Jacinth for that one."
 "It wouldn't be the same, but fine." Nadine relented. "I'm told you're barely a century older than me, why would someone so young let someone experiment so heavily on them just for a War they were too young to--"
 "I'll just stop you there." Ether cut in. "The War here was genuinely absolutely unpleasant excrement. Huge cradle of magic, we're getting torn the llama apart. Part of the reason this facility was built was for it. People were desperate. Plus, he told me he signed up for Cleaver training."
 Nadine frowned. "So the Elder just flat out fishing lied?"
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2019, 05:29:19 PM »
Gideon regarded the assembled mages with the closest thing is ruined mind and face could come to warmth. His face twitched as Thorkild powered up for a moment, the energetic magic making the Nails desire to kill stronger. He took a quick step forward and, despite Ether’s warning, pressed his hand to the glass. This time sigils on the corners flashed green, the acrid scent of something corrosive burning into his hand filled the air as he leaned in on Thorkild, seemingly unaware of what was happening to his hand. The Scot locked eyes with Thorkild, pops of acidic fluid burning tiny holes in his face as he leaned in.

”K-keep that ins-side or I’ll tear it out of y-your th-throat.” He growled past Ether, who was at this point bodyblocking the other mages. The Norwegian swallowed hard, but to his credit he didn’t have any obvious reaction. He pulled his hand off the glass, blood leaking down and forming a small puddle on the floor. ”Th-the glass fools the N-nails.” He said to Ether, taking a moment to shake a flap of heavily corroded flesh off his hand, he was confident the sigils wouldn’t be able to damage the reinforced parts of his skeleton. Distracted for a moment by the state of his hand, he tuned back into what was happening on the other side of the glass as the one who looked the youngest tried to explain to the Spaniard what she was asking. He laughed, a guttural and stammering sound with his face twitching.

”W-war Asset. A g-generous w-way of s-saying weapon, boy.” Gideon snarled, his teeth clicking together as he spoke. He wouldn’t have a child speak for him, besides, Gideon never considered himself a “veteran” of the war. The War was just the first time he killed, it only ended for the ones who didn’t leave so much of themselves behind in it.

Thorkild hated being intimidated. And Gideon Macabre most definitely intimidated him. Anyone who could let all of the flesh on the underside of their hand be corroded away, not even flinch, and then casually flick a chunk of near liquid muscle onto the floor was someone Thorkild did not like to be in the presence of. He exhaled a long breath when Nadine touched his elbow, careful to keep from his magic reflexively giving her a shock. He arched an eyebrow at Joakim. ”Debating the ethics of asking a serial mass murderer about his time during the war?” Thorkild would never understand the outlook some people had, sticking up for Gideon Macabre’s feelings? Now that was a new one. Thorkild followed Nadine and Ether’s conversation with genuine interest. ’A matching set? There couldn’t be, Gideon was the only who was implanted with… hellig lur.” Thorkild’s eyes widened as he regarded Gideon, something different on his face. No fierce concentration or fear, Thorkild looked like he genuinely pitied Gideon. He stepped back and leaned in next to Nadine. 

”His soul mate… Katyusha. She was the matching set.” Thorkild whispered to her. ”Those things in his head, they made him kill her. It drove him even more insane than the Nails did. With them constantly forcing him into a state like this, it wouldn’t be possible for him to really process what she went through. Gideon is perpetually stuck in a state of grief, never able to accept what happened.” Thorkild stood back up and made eye contact with Gideon, who had just gotten done starting to mend his ruined hand.

Gideon absorbed Nadine’s questions, mulling them over as he started the healing process on his hand. When he looked back up all of the mages were staring at him, even the Norwegian had changed his look. Gideon cracked his neck and winced as the wires pulled around his upper back. ”D-don’t be st-startled.” He said flatly, and hit the glass again, the green sigils sending acid down his arm. Gideon let it burn into his skin and muscles until it reached his reinforced skeleton.

”I d-don’t remember my n-name bef-fore now. I was b-born in Sc-Scotland, but g-grew up in L-London, b-but the W-war forced my f-family to Africa. Th-they were k-killed wh-when we ar-arrived.” Gideon hissed an narrowed his eyes as the Nails bit in, the pitiful pain from the sigils wasn’t sating them for long. ”Sh-she gave m-me the idea t-to become a C-cleaver. F-fight the people that k-killed them.” The massive scot started pacing, thinking of Israel, Cote d’Ivoire, all of it made the Nails itch for blood, their incessant ticking sped up in his head. ”Sh-she LIED! Gideon’s fist crashed into the stone wall, which grew spikes that shattered uselessly against his Asgardium bones. ”Th-they tr-trained m-me for y-years. Ev-every t-time I g-got hurt the d-doctors w-would —“ Gideon clutched his head as the Nails kicked the back of his skull, pain blooming behind his eyes, anger building at the thought of the doctors at Blackshield. His head snapped back to the assembled mages and smashed his palm against the glass. A blue flash went off around his strike, lacerating his palm and exposing the silvery bones beneath. In the relative darkness the moonlight glow of his bones was plainly visible, he held his viciously damaged hand up to the assembled mages. ”Th-they would improve me.” Gideon snarled.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 10:16:38 PM by Gideon »