Author Topic: We’re Off To See the Wizard! [WARNING PAGE 3 ONWARDS VIOLENCE]  (Read 696 times)

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • I got the horses in the back
    • View Profile
Silas’ face snapped from watching Thorkild’s mind to looking directly at Voluntas. He telepathically linked with the Russian fractions of a second before he teleported. ”Get back here. We’re not doing this.” He added Voluntas to his mental space for the last half of that, making sure the message came through clear. He stood up and looked down at Voluntas, his organic eye still arcing with the magic that it conducted. ”We’re done here, Thorkild isn’t to blame.” Silas said sternly, reaching a hand for Voluntas’ shoulder. Up to now he’d been happy to let Voluntas siphon whatever magic she needed, the tendrils of magic between them almost completely orange. This time Silas pushed back, electric blue surged all the way through the bond back to Voluntas as Silas’ magic swelled inside. ”We’re done here. Leave the elder to his misery.”

Thorkild narrowed his eyes at Silas, why it was that he took pity on him was something Thorkild didn’t like, but also wouldn’t turn down. He stared at the Mindwalker, pain plastered across his features.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
 Silas taking that magic from her - even though it was rightfully his - was probably the worst experience Voluntas had been through in a short while. From absolute power to feeling just as she had before the bond, just with Silas' presence annoyingly close.
 Her eyes narrowed, and she shot the thought at him, knowing he could read it. You honestly believe I'm genuinely going to burn this man's home down?

Of course he believed it. Of course, he would find ways to remain the top dog. It was all fine when she was draining innocents dry, but hurting Thorkild was too much?
 Voluntas made sure her disappointment in her soulmate was shown.
 "We know who is to blame, it's the broker. We know he can contact the broker. It's been centuries for you, Silas, you don't remember how it feels to be weak," Her voice quieted. "You don't remember how it feels to be reminded you are powerless because some crazed psychopath wants you dea--" Her eyes widened.
 Felicity fishing Pandemonium. There was no other explanation, no one else that would want Voluntas dead in such a brutal, disgusting way. Felicity was the time of woman to weave Voluntas' hair into a new weapon after she killed her.
 "Oh my God." Vol hissed, and pushed the Elder away from her. "You have horrible taste in women, Elder. Forget the broker and find someone who appreciates that you're soft at heart."

It was with that she started pacing, shrugging Silas' touch off her. It wasn't her association with Silas, it wasn't him that got her into mortal peril that day. It was herself.
 The Bond that she was so angry about was the only thing that stood between her and death... and she'd punished Silas for it, looked at him as if he was the most disgusting thing in the world.
 "I don't care to harm the broker, or you." Voluntas said steadily to the Elder. "But I know who the woman twisting her arm is, I know who the woman who put you in this situation is -- and I can't do anything about it unless you get that broker to visit me. Please."
 This was information she was not going to give Silas, not even if he pried.
Quote from: Ash | The Dictator
Hate me later. Save us now.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
Silas tilted his head to the side, Voluntas disappointment hung heavy in his mind. ’When you torch the Elder’s house it draws more attention than two vampire killings in two different countries.’ Silas kept his thoughts calm, sure to make it clear this wasn’t a moral dilemma but a practical one. He studied the vampire, her comment was confusing in its sincerity and its accuracy. Silas didn’t remember how it felt to be weak, to be at someone else’s mercy. Not for decades, centuries even. But Voluntas did know, and Silas had robbed her of the feeling of godhood she gained from tapping into his power. ’Thats why you’re not this powerful, Voluntas. You don’t have the age to control it, not really. He was sure to keep that thought to himself, locked behind the Mindwalking that made him so unaware of weakness. He looked back down to Thorkild, away from his fuming soulmate.
”If she’s contacted you before, you’ve got to have something that she used previously. If you banana'd her and stood in front of a mass murderer with her, I’d go out on a limb and say you’ve got real contact info.” Silas drawled, bored of the interrogation and the pitiful elder on his knees in front of him.
”I have something. Why don’t you come inside, I’ll have to find my work laptop.” Thorkild kept looking at the ground, away from Silas and Voluntas as he stood up and walked slowly toward the portico.
”Why don’t you head on in, I’ve gotta call Alex and let her know we’re runnin’ late.” Silas said with a half smile, fishing his phone and another cigarette out of his pocket.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
 Voluntas gave Silas a dirty look, letting her know she was not done with being upset with him. His smile was not returned, and she didn't bother to pay any more attention to him. Instead, she wrapped her arm around the Russian's and yanked the poor man to her side.
 "Don't leave my side." She begged the mute vampire under her breath. "Keep an eye on him, if he so much as breathes funny, please get me out of here."
 There was no response other than the slight brush of something against her shoulder. Voluntas decided to take it as an attempt at comfort as she marched towards Thorkild's obscenely large house. She didn't know what these Elders were getting paid, but it was definitely way too much if they could live like the Wolf of Wall Street -- even Voluntas, associating with one of the more filthy rich businessmen out there, even she lived in a humble town house in London.
 Maybe I should invest in some comfortable decorations. This manor looks well-lived in. He's made it a home. It was with this thought that her gaze slid over to the Elder. The poor man had been battered, bruised, and his pride had been demolished in a matter of minutes, though he had been broken before they even showed up -- it seemed the Spaniard herself had seen to that.
 She subtly raised his happiness. "To think I left my husband because he became the licentious harlot of Babylon. It's an awfully different scenario to forgive someone for what they did to you." Though now her tone wasn't judgemental. "And Silas does have a soul." This next bit was as he was on his laptop, she didn't even check to see if he'd given her a stray look. "That damned fishing soul is what kept you alive today."
 A lie. A blatant, outright lie. But Voluntas was not going to have his character being talked about in such a libellous manner.

It had been a long waiting game for Felicity. Over a century, to be precise. Perhaps less, if she considered that she only really wanted her daughter's fangs on a new necklace the second she discovered she was a vampire. Oh, but she did want her dead long before -- she wanted her to realise that her mother was not one to be messed with or dismissed the way she did. Her plan had been executed with the utmost control, all the restraint the older woman could muster in these days.
 The broker had been easy to find. Nadine had been making a habit of involving herself with big names lately; a trick that no good information broker would do. No good information broker would get attached so easily. The thought had the provectimancer suppressing a snort. Felicity had shown up in her house and threatened to brutalise her, she had been so convincing... it was easy to convince the Spaniard that any fate the Sanctuaries had in store for her would be nothing compared to the pain Fel would put her through, should she fail. She had demanded constant updates and contacted the woman with more orders when she deemed necessary. It was almost too easy. The Midas Sisters were an outlier, but a happy mistake regardless. The monster was a good one, the devastation having occurred at the Ivory Coast... Israel Sodom dead, Canaan Primal having abandoned his people at their direst hour... Oh, it was all too good. Yet Voluntas still lived. Silas had made sure of that, Silas had made sure all Fel's plans had eventually crumbled into nothing, not if she couldn't get that little bit of satisfaction in seeing Voluntas' face without any life left to it. Truly dead, instead of the abomination she was now.
 Silas Crayne had banana'd everything up, yet he was standing outside the manner chattering away on his phone and smoking a cigarette. Care-free. The lycan honestly seemed to think that everything would be okay. Fel didn't remember him being this soft the last time she'd seen him.
 Well, to be fair, "soft" was not a good word for Silas that night regardless. The thought brought a grimace to Fel's face. He had been a fun distraction, and lycans were always a little bit easier to be around than vampires (or Fae), but their fun was over now. He was becoming little more than a distraction.
 The red-head had scaled Thorkild's gate, sticking to the shadows with ease and ignoring the tug in her chest.
 Vampire, vampire, vampire, VAMPIRE, her senses were screaming at her, telling her to frenzy and go charging for the vampire not too far from her. The both of them. What was that Russian beast? Those disgusting scars... what happened to him? How hard would he be to kill?
 Silas had been slacking in recent times. He'd gone soft, thought himself untouchable - he thought his only weakness to be Voluntas. How little he knew that tonight, he'd be her biggest weakness.
 Soulmate. She'd heard Vol - Jessamine - say. The word was enough to have a little bit of disgust coil from her stomach even as she approached the American from behind. The idea had formed in her mind in that instant. That moment of pride between the two of them, the cockiness and surety in Voluntas' voice as she made that exclamation... she may well have screamed her Achilles heel to the world. Felicity had sidled up behind Silas in that moment, only faintly paying attention to him talking to someone on the phone. She hesitated a moment. How unwise would it be -- what if he cried out? Tried to get attention? She pulled out the shackles she'd grabbed from her last Sanctuary visit...
 It was in one fluid motion that Felicity grabbed both his thick forearms and shackled him. Content that his magic was far from his reach, she pressed one hand to his mouth and her silver blade to his jugular.
 "It's been a while." Fel purred in his ear. "I remember you being a lot faster... a lot more flexible... you try to move, you try to signal for anyone, anything that I deem to be funny business and this silver will be in your blood before you can so much as open your mouth.
 She nipped at his earlobe, knowing from his stiffness the absolute hatred that would be burning from him at such a violation. "It's time to have some fun, Silas..."

One moment, Silas was there, at the other end of the Bond. All was well. She could feel his calm, and it was doing wonders to keep herself calm. Voluntas had been testing it a little bit, letting her magic reach for his a little too much - insisting on a small kernel. Though he continued to keep it far out of reach. It was annoying how much more control Silas had over their Bond than Voluntas, but... she'd learn. They'd learn exactly how much to give and take from each other. She'd been placid, even pleasant with the Elder, having complimented his home and awaiting her answers.
 The next moment she had doubled over in agony. It was as if she could physically hear the snap as all presence of her soul-mate was wiped from her, torn so viciously away as his magic just snuffed out. A huge and empty whole where her very being was torn from her and shredded, thrown back in her face trampled and meek.
 Voluntas had screamed. She wasn't sure how loud, for everything suddenly sounded far away. She no longer knew where she was, for her vision had gone black - the type of vision loss from extreme pain and trauma, the body trying to dissociate from the pain. Voluntas was dimly aware of the Russian gripping her, keeping her upright with his steady hands, but it wasn't like he could say anything to comfort.
 It felt like being dipped in molten lava, then thrown straight into a blizzard, her body and mind wanting to go into shock at the same time as reaching madly for the cure-all.
 SILAS. She tried to scream, but her mouth wouldn't open to say the words and she could only hope she'd feel his cocky, unbearable presence at the edge of her own in response.
 But when Voluntas reached out to find Silas, there was no Soul Bond. There was nothing but a great, empty chasm where it had once been.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
”Don’t worry, kid. We’re not in any danger, a little dust up with Ether but other tha-“ Silas felt slender fingers and strong hands grip his wrists, a blade touch his neck, and then… Agony. The shackles connected on his wrists with a sharp clink, the binding sigils flared for a fraction of a second, everything went to unpleasant excrement from there. The Lycan could swear he actually heard a sound like cloth being viciously ripped as he felt all of his soulmate’s thoughts and magic be wrenched away from him, he arched his back and tried to resist screaming into the smaller but iron hard hand clamped over his mouth. The cold of the blade changed from an icy, razor sharp pin prick to a white hot pain that lanced through his neck and face. He grunted against the grip on him, the body pressed up against his from behind just tightened on him. ’SILVER.’ Silas’ scattered, agony laced thoughts coalesced into some kind of primal internal scream as the deadliest thing he could think of was pressed against his neck. Silas watched the tendril of magic that connected him to Voluntas fade and fizzle out, his vision started to tunnel, the deepest parts of his brain searching for something to take his mind off the sheer amount of emptiness that he felt within. He reached for the Bond, trying to cry out for Voluntas to run, get away from him and whoever was doing this as fast as she could. But the Bond was gone, diffused into nothingness along with Silas’ mindwalking. And when he reached for the bond, for Voluntas, he heard a voice and felt warm breath on his ear.
”It’s been a while.”
The voice was seductive, a low, heavily accented pur that Silas could recognize immediately. Felicity Pandemonium. Even when threatening him she sounded sweet, so much like her daughter. But very unlike her daughter, she nibbled slightly on his ear lobe. Silas stiffened at the unexpected contact, every muscle in his body flexed around his skeleton like a vise. His eyes widened in a mixture of shock and horror.
Instead of finding the Bond or finding Voluntas, he found the hole it left filled with one thing. Hatred. The pure, unadulterated anger that had dominated his subconscious for centuries before the Bond, the kind of hate that only someone that thinks they’re back to having nothing left to lose can feel. All of it and more surged through him, hotter than the silver eating away his skin.
He heard Voluntas screaming inside, and his hatred died for a moment before returning hundredfold. She wasn’t dead, but for all Silas knew she was either being killed or taken away like him. He second guessed himself, there was no way Felicity had friends strong enough to take on the Russian and Thorkild at the same time, there was no way. But the thought alone of Felicity laying a finger on Voluntas just pissed him off more than the idea that she was dead. He could hear Alex shouting into the phone at his feet.
”Dad?! Dad it’s not funny, you’re in dang-“ Silas looked down at the screen, the picture on it was Alex when she was 13, her makeup having just been put on by Voluntas, who was laughing hysterically next to the young Mindwalker. Tears welled in his eyes as he tried to get the thought of his daughter and Vol out of his head. But he didn’t speak, just stayed tense as the silver burned on his neck.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
Re: We’re Off To See the Wizard! [WARNING PAGE 3 ONWARDS VIOLENCE]
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2019, 08:33:23 PM »
 It was so entertaining to watch Silas Crayne become powerless. Felicity wondered when he last felt this way, when he last had been so helpless... and she relished at the pure primal rage that suddenly burned in his eyes.
 Fel's own eyes, green as her daughter's, landed on the phone. The poor girl yelling at the end of it.
 "Dad?" Fel let out a chuckle. "A daughter? How quaint. Maybe I should have gone for her." She braided her hands through Silas' hair, those sticky fingers gripping to him hard enough to make it easy for her to jerk his head back and shove the gag in his mouth. Without his magic, he was still an imposing man -- the pure rage in his eyes, as they met hers, was enough to attest to that. He held a silent promise, a vow in his expression that he was going to make Felicity's life hell, that he was going to give her a world of pain that would have her begging for death.
 Fel laughed at his fury, and threw him down, picking the phone up to hold it to her ear. "I'm sorry, darling, he's a little busy right now. Try again later." She hung up and dropped his phone, crunching it under her boot.

Voluntas had finally stopped screaming, her vision swimming back. Everything was darker than it had been before, it was hard to focus on everyone's aura, but something was keeping her upright. Someone had guided her to the sink, holding her hair back as she retched into it and sobbed hideously.
 The Russian. That man needed more than a raise, he needed a bloody holiday. Voluntas shot her bodyguard a thankful gaze before spitting into the sink. Feeling for that bond... there was still just nothing, no sense of her soul-mate. As if he had just been wiped off the face of the Earth. If the vampire had a beating heart, it would have gone cold with that very notion.
 "Silas." Voluntas managed to rasp. "Something's wrong with him."

Fel was immensely glad for the teleporter her lovely little broker had managed to grab for her. He was a nervous boy, who took one look at Silas Crayne in shackles and looked like he wanted to blanch, murmuring apology after apology at the werewolf as Fel got them to lift him up and take them back to Chicago - a nice abandoned warehouse that Felicity had been comfortable to reside in for a while.
 "You can leave, Joakim. Go back to your broker." Felicity called him off, and the boy shot one final reproachful glance at Silas before he left. Leaving the two of them alone.
 It had been a rough week for the Lycan. His appearance was dishevelled, his eyes were burning with rage, and his shirt had been mussed up, holes torn into the fabric. It was the worst that she had ever seen Silas.
 "You should be grateful that it's you I grabbed." Felicity gave Silas a sweet smile, adjusting her posture in the exact same way she'd seen her daughter do too many times. His soul-mate was her daughter? Then she would do absolutely everything in her power to remind the man that his torturer held an extreme resemblance to his soul-mate, even in the little mannerisms. The dainty flick of her hand as she ripped the gag off him. "It could have been way worse."

Even after Voluntas had sent the Russian searching the perimeter twice, three times, his search yielded nothing, and the British vampire was finding it increasingly impossible to keep calm.
 The Russian was too good at his job; he had shut down all the security, taken care of pretty much all the guards, made it impossible for there to be witnesses when Silas and Vol arrived. So now there were no witnesses when Silas disappeared.
 Her phone was in her hand, calling Alex, before she'd even realised she'd grabbed it.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
Silas stayed still in the Provectimancer’s grip, the agony from the silver knife’s tip made his eyes water even more. She noticed the phone, Silas’ eyes shot wide open in indignation, he let out a muffled shout with the only audible word being ‘Alex.’ But as soon as the words came out he regretted it. Quick as a flash her hands were in his hair, those spines making sure they were able to yank his scalp back and give her an opening to shove some kind of cloth gag into his mouth. Silas stared at Felicity with fury burning in his eyes. She smashed the phone to splinters beneath her heel, prompting an indignant yet muffled ‘llama you’ from the Mindwalker.

Thorkild typed as quickly as he could to the last email address that Nadine had used to contact him when he was in Spain.
Subject: El Sol Ya No Brilla
Nadine, I’m sorry. Voluntas Aranea and Silas Crayne themselves came to the manor tonight, they’re looking for your puppeteer. Lady Aranea would like to meet you, quickly. Something’s wrong and I need to go. Get here quickly.

Thorkild stood up from his desk and whipped around to see what had happened to the CFO of Crayne Consolidated in his kitchen. The smell of ozone filled the kitchen as Thorkild seemed to appear there in a bright white flash, skidding to a halt against the doorframe.
”Silas… something’s wrong with him.”
Thorkild immediately went into action, despite being somewhat unsteady still he went to cross the kitchen. Only to be stopped in his tracks by the Russian appearing in front of him, literally by fractions of an inch. Thorkild barely stopped himself from shouting in surprise, his reflexes normally made an appearing teleporter easy to spot. He backed up several steps, hands out and palms up to show he was unarmed. ”I reached out to Nadine.” He said quietly. ”Lady Aranea, if you’re injured I can help. My magic is rather multifaceted.” But the vampire already had her phone out, and Thorkild’s offer fell on deaf ears.

Silas already despised the teleporter that Felicity had brought. If he had been ungagged he would’ve told the snot nosed little unpleasant excrement to be quiet, this wasn’t his first time being kidnapped by a psycho ex, and it wasn’t his first ‘captured by the enemy, about to be tortured’ experience either. It was however, the first time those things had been combined. They teleported, it wrenched Silas’ gut. With a gag shoved in his mouth and shackles on his wrists, the experience was jarring to say the least. They ended up in a warehouse of some kind. Silas couldn’t tell where for the life of him, but it was somewhere with absurd amounts of light pollution. ’Good job Silas, you’ve managed to narrow it down to any large city on the planet.’ His thoughts were as derisive to himself as they would be to anyone else. Felicity ragdolled him onto the concrete floor of the warehouse, mercifully moving the silver blade tip off his skin.
The American watched as felicity adjusted her posture slightly, putting a small arch in her back and flexing her muscular shoulders exactly like Voluntas, right down to the inhuman grace that his soulmate had. Silas just looked even angrier as she leaned in on him, her mimicry of Voluntas’ mannerism stoking the fires in him as she daintily yanked the gag out of his mouth. The coarse cloth sliced open his gums. Silas growled and made a show of looking directly at the floor and going limp, doing his best to show absolute despair.
”No… It couldn’t be worse.” Silas hitched his shoulders dramatically and kept his gaze down for a few more seconds, but  secretly smiled a blood stained smile to the ground. He looked back up at Felicity, his teeth covered in the bright red blood from his gums. ”Any worse for you that is.” Silas drawled, spitting a wad of blood at his captor’s feet. Any trace of fear melted from his tone as he kept his gaze locked with Felicity’s dark green eyes. ”So c’mon sweet thang…” Silas inhaled deeply through his nose and closed his eyes for a moment. ”Why don’t you c’mere and try to suffocate me with your thighs again before you realized you picked the wrong soul mate and Vol shows up to give you a fate worse than anything I could’ve cooked up in my sick little brain.”

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2019, 12:00:07 AM »
 Voluntas hung up the phone as she noticed the Elder, standing there in his bathrobe, offering to help. Did he not care that she'd threatened to torch the place? That the Russian was going to let her?
 "I'm not injured." Voluntas had not realised she could cry until she noticed that her cheeks were wet. "I'm broken."
 Her body was still shaking, wanting to expel any fluid that was left inside her, and when Vol glanced at the sink she'd realised that all that had come out was blood. Vol had never fed so much, never actually thrown up as a vampire, was all the fluid she had left just blood?
 She tapped the Russian gently as she moved around him, though the hulk of a man still hovered dangerously closely as she approached. Vol forced her posture to straighten, her chin to lift as indignantly as it always was - but there was no spirit behind it, and her voice shook as she spoke; "If your lady friend is going to be here soon, you should shower and get dressed."

Subject: [Delete this].

Thorkild,
I don't make it a habit to give away client details, you should know this... you are lucky that I was on my way, regardless. I should be less than twenty minutes. Don't die.

Silas' words brought forth a murderous grin from the woman before him. Watching him writhe and spit insults at her from the floor was as funny as it was dramatic. Drama was always the business with that wayward daughter of hers, wasn't it?
 "She's my favourite daughter, in a way," Felicity spoke in a fond, lilting tone. She uncrossed her legs and stalked over to the worktop she was using as a makeshift desk, leaning her hip against it as she rooted through her toolbox. Silver was always best for a werewolf... if you were intending to kill, if Fel wanted to use the silver she'd have to be awfully careful that it didn't touch his bloodstream - or she'd have accidentally put down the fishing dog. "So proud, ambitious. None of the other kids I ever had was as ambitious as her. I think I'll make her fangs into lovely little earrings when I tear them out."
 His taunting about their sex life was expected, and only irritating enough to have her decide to pull out one of the more wicked-looking of her knives - a skinning knife that had been blunted slightly, she'd have used it for that lovely silver pelt she heard he had. The man's teeth were already covered in blood... it gave her an idea. Fel grabbed the back of his shirt and lifted him up onto the chair by her worktop, sitting so that her feet were either side of his thighs, as if she were going to straddle him.
 "Tempting offer." Fel purred, her hand pressed either side of his cheeks to force his jaw open, the tip of her blade pressed to the first of his canines. "But I'm a little interested in something else."
 Crunch. Felicity slapped the blade down, watching it disappear into the skin of the gum with a horrid squelch, blood immediately rising to well up around the tooth as she dug it deeper and deeper, trying to hit the bone of his jaw and using the skinning end to peel off the exposed bit of gum as if she were peeling a potato.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2019, 02:00:56 AM »
Thorkild had watched Voluntas go from the cocky simulacrum of her soul mate to a petite shell of her former self in the span of ten minutes. The woman standing in front of Thorkild may have been the same height, worn the same clothes, and held herself in the same way. But all the light was gone from her eyes, and all the deeply ingrained cockiness. He sighed and chuckled despite himself, the irony of suddenly offering to heal the woman that would have burned his house down wasn’t lost on him. ”Godspeed is bioelectrics, unfortunately, I can’t use it to repair the Soul Bond.” Thorkild looked to Voluntas with genuine pity. ”I guess Crayne has a soul after all.” He turned around to go and make himself look somewhat more presentable upstairs. ”And I suppose she happens to be standing in my kitchen.”

Silas glared at Felicity from the floor, her grin had every last drop that Silas’ did and more. It was uncanny how much it resembled the one Voluntas would wear when she was particularly displeased with him. He grimaced behind her back as she rooted through a toolbox, no doubt looking for the most painful object she could find. He watched her saunter behind him, he gritted his bloodstained teeth as she lifted him up by the back of his shirt and casually dropped him into a chair. Without the vampiric boost from his soulmate, Silas felt as old as he used to. He heard his back crack painfully. He didn’t make a sound, just kept his jaw clamped together as Felicity withdrew a wickedly curved skinning knife. Her hand clutched either side of his cheeks, forcing his jaw open just enough for the thin blade to fit between his teeth, and lance upwards. Silas’ eyes clamped shut as he felt the blade cut through his gums, and hit the bone of his upper jaw, dangerously close to piercing one of his nasal cavities. He screamed, it came out more like a gurgling choke with his new wound pouring a stream of blood into his esophagus. After enough wiggling and coughing of blood, the tooth dropped. Even through the pain, Silas was defiant. He caught the tooth in his back left molars, and as soon as Felicity moved the knife out of his mouth, Silas flicked the tooth onto his tongue and spit the canine along with a spray of sticky blood directly at Felicity’s eyes.
”llama you. My own mother did worse before my balls dropped.” Silas said between heavy, blood filled breaths.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2019, 02:21:53 AM »
 Felicity closed her eyes against the onslaught of blood and the tooth that hit her eyebrow and pinged to the floor rather comically. A mirthless laugh erupted from her.
 Well, he certainly has osmium fishing balls...
 It was almost instinctual that she felt her hand tighten on his face to tilt his head back, allowing the blood to fill his mouth.
 "Who gives a llama about your life story, Silas Crayne? You're the antagonist in everyone's narrative." She condescended to him, pinching his nose to force him to try and breathe through the blood. Her free hand languidly pressed the blade to his collar, slowly peeling the skin off his collar-bone.
 The more he struggled, the more fun she would have, it seemed.

Thorkild's words had left Voluntas absolutely speechless. The Elder possessed wisdom she couldn't have even guessed at when she first saw him. Perhaps that was one of the perks to living to be so old. Perhaps that would one day be Voluntas.
 Well, not with Silas' influence it wouldn't. There was no role for her becoming a diplomat with her soul-mate's bloodthirsty urges constantly hammering in her head. The urges that were no longer present, but Voluntas still felt it.
 Absolute fury. Her head snapped to the Russian, who had faithfully stayed within the room, within distance of intervening (though, for a teleporter of his calibre, distance wasn't a problem) should anything happen.
 "You know, I don't know your name."
 He gave her an exasperated look but motioned to the window -- where a car was pulling up. The broker.

She'd finally let him spit the blood out, this time pressing the knife in from the side as if to scoop up multiple teeth at once. The knife clattered, skittered, and got jammed in the gum multiple times. It was a messy business, but eventually each tooth popped free, leaving behind mutilated gums.
 It was then that Fel pushed his head back up, covering his mouth and nose with a hand. "Swallow it."

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2019, 03:16:37 AM »
Silas got at least a small amount of satisfaction out of spitting blood at his torturer, even if all it got him was a distinctly sadistic laugh and another throat full of blood. He jammed his tongue against the open wound, he screamed again without lowering his jaw. His tongue kept at least a small amount of blood out of his throat, enough to keep from choking him to death. This plan went to unpleasant excrement as soon as all the skin across the left side of his collarbone got peeled clean off. Between that at the trauma to his mouth, his tongue dislodged. He started to cough, the acrid copper taste made him want to vomit as a coughing fit sent blood into his nose.
Eventually, once his collarbone was completely skinned, Felicity let go of his face. He hacked the blood out of his throat and onto the ground, but the respite was fleeting as before he’d actually caught his breath the knife was back in his mouth, this time shaking viciously side to side. Dislodging teeth, destroying his gums, and all the while he screamed. Silas had been in pain before, he had the marks to prove it. But this? This was a savage kind of pain Silas hadn’t felt in centuries. Felicity moved from the teeth in the front to the ones in the back. She wrenched his left cheek to the side, keeping his head still with her elbow pressed against his organic eye. He tried to move, but she only pushed harder. The cold, dulled edge of the blade pressed against the ruined gum in front of his molars and sliced. Flesh, nerves, all of it severed under the ridiculous strength of Felicity’s knife hand. His eyes watered, even more so than his front teeth had been this was genuinely agonizing. He whimpered as he felt more teeth pop free of his gums and land in his mouth. When she moved lower down the knife slipped, caught in the roots of his bottom set of molars, and sent the tip rocketing out of his cheek.
A few minutes felt like hours to Silas, staring at the spitting image of Voluntas mutilating his mouth. But it turned out that Felicity had even bigger plans than removing every last tooth from his mouth, Silas should have known she was leaving teeth in his mouth for a reason. Ximena had done something similar to a blardargark in applied sciences that tried to coax her into sexual favors. Last Silas had heard he was still being tortured two years later.
Felicity’s hand slammed into his mouth, her index finger and thumb clamped down in a vise grip. She shoved his head back, looking directly into the lights overhead.
”Swallow it.” Her tone wasn’t the honeyed impression of Voluntas from before. Silas knew a killer’s voice when he heard one, and Voluntas wasn’t a killer, not the kind that’s Felicity was. Not the kind that he was, not yet. He couldn’t afford to pass out, not before he got to tell Alex goodbye. Not before he could play one last trick on the murderous provectimancer.
So Silas Crayne did as he was told. One by one he swallowed the teeth in his mouth. He retched, bucked, and writhed against her grip and the shackles that stopped him from doing anything at all. Two came at once and he threw up in his mouth, the stomach acid and curdled blood burned against his gums and the wound in his cheek. A small dribble of dark red vomit leaked out of his cheek, white hot against the open wound as it ran down his collarbone. He swallowed another tooth, felt the root drag along his raw throat as it went down.
His vision started to fade, now or never. He swallowed the three remaining teeth, using the blood pouring out of his gums to make the razor sharp enamel go down just a tiny bit easier. Silas retched again, his entire body convulsing at the level of unnatural torment being forced upon it.
He’d swallowed all of his teeth. Every last one save his left canine, sitting on the floor next to Felicity.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 03:20:38 AM by Gideon »

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2019, 03:46:08 AM »
 Nadine had let herself in, adjusting the straps of her messenger bag and dressed way too stylishly for Voluntas' taste. She seemed to favour leathers or riding pants with form-fitting blouses, and subtle heels, and to the vampires fury it worked. As the woman walked into the kitchen, her brow lifting at the sight of Voluntas with a steaming up of coffee in her hand, the Russian looking content with a bright pink kitten mug that overflowed with marshmallows, and two extra cups of coffee, Vol found her lip curling in a snarl at the woman.
 "Nadine, I take it." Vol spat.
 "Correct." She had a soft Spanish accent, easy on the ears. Of course the Elder went for a Spanish woman, they seemed to be a delicacy for men across the world.
 "Oh," Voluntas gave her a sweet smile. "I've got a gift for you." It was with that the vampire put her mug down, crossed the kitchen and --
 CRACK! Nadine's head snapped to the side as Voluntas hit it with enough force for the sound to ricochet across the walls. "THAT's for sending Gideon Macabre after me."

"Oh, sweet Silas." Felicity crooned, finally letting go of his face. The smell of vomit, blood, and sweat permeated through the room, and she watched the watery substance dribble over Silas' chin and onto his chest with an almost child-like fascination. "You're not looking too hot..."
 The devious red-head flicked her ponytail across her shoulder in a surprisingly feminine motion - yet another habit of Vol's - and gave him a lover's smile as she reached back onto the worktop and picked up her lighter, flicking it open to start heating her blade. "I just want you to remember, sweet thing, that this never would have happened to you if you had never associated with my daughter." The smile widened. "This is only happening to you because of Jessamine."
 She pressed the red-hot blade to his chest, just under the white revealed bone of his collar, moving it down his skin in the first letter of her brand on him.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2019, 04:15:22 AM »
Thorkild heard Voluntas from upstairs, having just donned his grey Cleaver jacket. He cracked his neck and went to wipe his face when he heard the distinct sound of skin hitting skin, hard. There was a sharp cracking sound as everything around Thorkild slowed down, specks of dust froze in place as he turned and sprinted down the stairs, electricity made his body hair stand straight up, and several strands of his long blonde mane stuck out from his head.
He rounded the corner into the kitchen, Voluntas’ arm was still extended and Nadine’s head still making its painfully slow journey back to looking at the vampire. Thorkild move in between them, pushing Voluntas’ arm in the opposite direction and repositioning Nadine so she would stay upright despite the vampiric slap.
The crackling died down as time resumed its normal pace, now with Thorkild positioned firmly between Voluntas and Nadine, his magic no longer active and a headache now beating a tattoo in his skull.
”I’d like it very much if we ceased hurting each other in my home.” His voice was stern and his gaze was cold. He heard a pop as the Russian teleported next to Voluntas, even in his difficult to read expression Thorkild could see a mixture of surprise and confusion, most teleporters never met someone faster than them.

Silas inhaled deeply as soon as felicity let go of his face. His eyes hurt like a mothergoat, and his organic one was streaming tears from forcing his own blood filled vomit back down his freshly lacerated throat. He coughed, stringy blood decorating his pants and exposed chest. He looked down at his feet, mouth open and sucking in deep lungfuls of air.
”I see why you hate swallowing.” Silas’ voice sounded wrong. Without any teeth and his throat in ruins, it all came out as a breathy rasp than anything else. He heard a lighter flick open, raising his head slightly to see Felicity heating the end of the blade she’d used to remove his teeth. The stench of blood being baked onto a metal object filled his nostrils, he almost vomited his teeth all over his shoes. ”Pretty kinky to bring up your daughter this…” Silas ran out of breath, sucked in a few more as Felicity got closer. ”This far past foreplay.” Silas cocked a half smile, his head swaying on his neck. Trying to look straight ahead was more of a challenge than anything he’d had to do previously, the pain was like a thousand pounds hung around his neck.
She pressed the knife into his left pectoral, just below his collarbone. He went to grit his teeth and only succeeded in smashing his destroyed gums together. The result was a cascade of pain from his chest to his mouth, he leaned his head back and screamed to the ceiling.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2019, 04:42:54 AM »
 Nadine hadn't even seen Thorkild move. It was as if he'd teleported, and she would have believed he had indeed teleported if she didn't feel the static in the air, and saw his usually immaculate hair so displaced. The air reeked of gas, a fact that everyone seemed to notice - if the cringe from Voluntas was anything to go by.  She couldn't bring herself to look at him.
 Rubbing the bright red welt on her aching jaw, Nadine took a step back and appraised the two vampires before her. "Lady Aranea." She greeted, her amber gaze travelling to the Russian and trying not to start at exactly how hideous the poor man was.
 "You must be the Russian."
 "Don't address him." Voluntas snapped, her eyes burning with a ferocity that had been gone only moments before. "You're the reason that I'll have to send--"
 "Yes." Nadine cut in tiredly. "I know the guilt-trip. Too many innocents. I've already had this argument. Yet you are alive, and well--"
 "Can you tell that to my soulmate? Can you tell that to his daughter when I have to explain to her that her father's gone missing, and I can't feel his presence for the life of me, that the only way I could feel like this is if he's dead?!" Voluntas' voice had gone too high, her voice cracking at the word "dead". The sheer panic was enough to make Nadine blink in surprise.
 "I'm sorry about your soulmate." Nadine spoke genuinely. "Your anger is justified, and if I had a choice I would never have done it, but--" She saw it then. In the set of Voluntas' jaw, those bright green eyes, the reddish tinge of the hair -- Nadine saw the very woman that had been terrorising her for weeks. "Ah."
 Voluntas scowled. "The one pulling your strings."
 "I get the feel you know her." Nadine coughed awkwardly into her hand, picking up her own mug of coffee. "Felicity Pandemonium. She's the spitting image of you."

"You sound much better screaming than talking," Felicity's focus was on the brand - the word MUTT printed against his chest in horrible, red blisters and cuts. She'd only stopped occasionally to re-heat the blade and run her searching hands along Silas' hair, down his neck - anything to make him uncomfortable, and she loved how the hatred in his eyes intensified each time she got too close, too personal.
 She leaned back to admire the work before her, the man that was so thoroughly battered, yet still refused to break. It was obvious that a man such as Silas would already be traumatised by the lack of power there was in a situation like this, but -- it wasn't enough. Fel wanted him to be so full of hatred for his soul-mate that he'd be the one to make the killing blow, and it just was not happening.
 "Silas..." Her voice softened just as she shoved her foot into his left kneecap with her ridiculously supernatural strength. She pressed the flame of the lighter to the delicate skin of his throat. "What's the point in getting snippy?"

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2019, 05:11:39 AM »
Silas stared at his chest, his eviscerated throat burned just as badly as his chest with every shuddering breath. She’d branded him, the dulled but hot edge of the blade had decorated him with four letters picked out in bleeding blisters and ugly 2nd degree burns.
 MUTT
She’d marked him forever as a Lycan, no matter how proud he was of heritage it was an ugly thing to see. He didn’t have anymore cocky comebacks, all his reserves of sarcastic comebacks about their one night stand had run dry as the blood loss started to make everything hazy. He barely reacted when her shoe cracked his kneecap, the electric tingling in his fingers was starting to make him think that it was now or never if he ever wanted to get found.
The lighter on his throat  made that thought cross the finish line. ”Fel… when I die in this unpleasantly excrement-like warehouse. At least notify my next of kin.” Silas tried to make it all the way through as the lighter slowly burned into his throat, he started to scream, but he doubted he’d be able to for long.

Alexandrine had been having a wonderful time in LA for the first few hours. Picked up a new pair of shades, had some sushi and shot the unpleasant excrement with a couple other mages in Starbucks. But that had all changed as soon as Voluntas had called her. Silas had gone missing, completely missing. Off the bond, off the grid, nowhere to be found. Alex had been in her hotel room since then, trying to use the Crayne Consolidated Asset Tracker to at least find where Silas’ eye was.
But the old individual of illegitimate birth refused to be tracked unless he wanted to be, so he needed to activate the tracker. She stared at her laptop, her face buried in her knees. She’d run out of tears, and instead she just sat, empty and exhausted.
Asset Cybereye Prototype Mark VI, Located.
Message included: Hey Kid.

Alex’s face shot up to look at the screen as the shrill automated voice rang out through the room, she found him. Alex started to cry again as she dialed Voluntas, praying to anything that was listening that Silas was still alive.
 ”CCAT, send the coordinates to Lady Aranea.” She said into the laptop while the phone rang.
”Understood, Lady Crayne.” The automated tone responded.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 05:18:07 AM by Gideon »