Author Topic: We’re Off To See the Wizard! [WARNING PAGE 3 ONWARDS VIOLENCE]  (Read 378 times)

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • I got the horses in the back
    • View Profile
Re: We’re Off To See the Wizard! [WARNING PAGE 3 ONWARDS VIOLENCE]
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2019, 10:02:45 PM »
Thorkild watched with detachment as Felicity spasmed and contracted beneath his electric assault, but when he was done, the provectimancer was still defiant. She spit into his face and flashed a brilliant smile. Thorkild sighed, reaching up to where the wad of phlegm and blood had landed on his cheek. He heard someone teleport in, and heard Voluntas speaking to the redhead captive, but paid them no mind. He wiped the spit off his cheek with his middle finger and looked at it for a moment. Waiting for her and Voluntas to finish their conversation.
”How your daughter acquired her level of class with you for a mother and Silas for a soul mate will elude me for eternity.” Thorkild stated. Without warning he grabbed Felicity by the jaw and wiped his finger off on her lips, before releasing her head with a sharp tug toward her chest. At the last moment he decided to spit right back into her face. ”Disrespect begets disrespect.” Thorkild snarled.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2019, 10:37:05 PM »
 Felicity allowed herself a grimace at Thorkild's spit hitting her, and shook her head furiously. Did he want to see disrespect? She would show him disrespect.
 "You think she's classy now," Felicity laughed, slightly hysterical, as her senses urged her to burst forward and go for the two vampires in front of her. "I'm sure she'll be climbing all over that ugly bodyguard of hers when she's had her fill of violence."
 Voluntas' eyes burned, suddenly alight with fury. She stalked towards her mother, just barely edging past Thorkild, and grabbed her ponytail - wrapping it around a slender hand and pulling savagely.
 "You ever talk down to me, or my bodyguard ever again, and your revolting face won't be recognisable when I'm done--"
 "We have pretty much the same face, sweetie." Fel purred, only serving to fuel her daughter's anger. "How's that husband of yours? Buried deep in another woman, as usual, I imagine--"
 Another harsh tug cut her off. "Ex-husband. And my love life is not the topic that is up for discussion right now, Felicity."
 "Please. Mumsie will do."
 "Over forty innocent people died." Vol snapped. "And you have the gall to joke?"
 Felicity ran her eyes across the room, giving them all a significant glance. The Russian, who seemed to be chilling on his phone, had suddenly disappeared. Fel rose her brow, but glanced instead at Thorkild.
 "I don't have the answers you want to hear, you realise."
Quote from: Prince Robot IV
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2019, 11:36:34 PM »
Thorkild snorted at Felicity’s comment on Voluntas’ choice in companions, but quickly reminded himself that Nadine had just destabilized an entire region of Africa and refrained from commenting on anyone else’s relationships for the rest of his life. He zoned out for a time before he noticed Felicity turn her gaze to look at him. He crossed his arms. ”I want answers, regardless of their impact.“ His tone had returned to the cold acceptance of whatever came next. ”Until then, I’m content to listen to you scream.” He wandered over to her toolbox, perusing the various tools on display.

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2019, 04:45:41 AM »
 The Russian had promptly re-appeared, brandishing... a Starbucks order. Two coffees and a Unicorn Frappuccino. He gently placed Thorkild and Voluntas' drinks on the desk, sipping at his frappe absently.
 Felicity stared incredulously at him but was only met by that same emotionless gaze. "Is he unhinged?"
 "He's none of your concern." Voluntas replied smoothly, her gaze went to Thorkild musing over her tools - some of them looked nasty. How much did she want Fel to suffer? "Your concern should be talking. Now."

"Anti-affliction crusade." Felicity shook her head. "That's what the blonde priss called it--"
 "Why is everyone roasting him, are they just pretending he didn't fight in a nasty war?!"
 "--Alright, Jess. I know you don't get much action, but keep your pants on." Fel rose her brows, "It was nothing to do with afflictions."
 Voluntas gave her a hard look. "What was it about?"
 "The Ivory Coast was just the first of many. The Sanctuaries are so broken, that's how easy it is to break one down, to destabilise one... just find someone who can get the dirt on them... and use that dirt against them. Getting rid of you was just an enjoyable side benefit." Felicity gave them a bloody smile.

Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2019, 02:42:04 PM »
Thorkild glanced sideways at the teleporting vampire and his… bizarrely colorful milkshake. ’You know, Felicity. I think he’s seen some unpleasant excrement.’ Thorkild thought. He turned around and crossed his arms, he would’ve spoken for himself against Felicity, but it seemed Lady Aranea was quicker on the draw.  Still he had to point and Voluntas with an exasperated look. ”THANK YOU. I have a desk job of a couple decades and suddenly I’m ‘the blonde twink’. Un-fishing-believable.” He shook his head as he reached over for the coffee the Russian had brought back with an appreciative nod. The teleporter just grinned at him.
’What a strange creature…’
Thorkild breathed a sigh of relief as Felicity started talking. He had been sure Felicity would call him on his bluff of being willing to torture her. Maybe she didn’t expect Voluntas to have the same convictions. None the less he had to glare at Felicity, mainly because she was speaking the truth. Gideon Macabre may have killed Israel, but the Blackshield Dossier had ruined her days before that. But still, Thorkild had to chime in. ”Not every Sanctuary has the kind of dirty laundry that the Cote had. Israel was an outlier among the modern Elder councils. I can’t think of another one of us that would propose human experimentation of that caliber, even if we had another war.” The norwegian practically hissed at Felicity, his emotions getting the better of him. Even though he knew even if Sanctuaries didn’t have the kind of game over dirt that Cote did, individual Elders certainly did. He certainly did. But he had one final question.
”So using Gideon Macabre as a weapon was all Nadine’s doing?”

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Legendary Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2019, 09:25:33 PM »
 Felicity settled her gaze on Thorkild with chilling intensity, rattling her shackles pointedly. She had no plans on settling matters of the heart only to be arrested, or killed.
 Voluntas seemed to have a completely different idea, as she smashed the heel of her palm into Felicity's nose that the crack resonated through the room. "Answer."
 Fel felt her head snap back, and she shook the drowsiness that overtook her off, speaking through the blood that was now pissing down her face. "Your little broker is a beast, I told her to find me something on the Ivory Coast and she found that Blackshield's files were redacted within the hour."

Voluntas shared a look with the Russian, which set a gnawing feeling of dread creeping into Felicity... until he'd just passed her the coffee she'd wanted, adding extra sugar and swirling it with a stick, sucking at the straw of his own drink absently the entire time.
 "Continue." Voluntas took a languid sip of her drink, prompting Fel to raise her brows -- there was no way she was going to keep that down, she must have just been drinking to piss her off.
 "So I showed her what I would do if she banana'd up," Fel tried to shrug, though the shackles were tight. "I told her to find someone who could get her the information on Blackshield. If it was hidden, it was someone people didn't want to know--" this was with a pointed look at Thorkild. "--So yes, you got used. All that manipulation was her being sneaky, though I instructed her every step of the way."
 Silence fell.

"She's useless now." Voluntas directed this to the Elder; surprisingly deferring to his authority. "Allow me to rid myself of a great nuisance that plagues my life and kill her, and I'll owe you."
 "That is, if the Elder can do with another death on his conscience," Fel cut in urgently, "Killing me does not absolve him of all those deaths--"
 "No, but there's both retribution and the great perk of shutting you up."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 09:26:09 PM by Astaphaios »
Belay that goaty.

Gideon

• Plotmaster
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »
Felicity wasn't lying, he knew it. Nadine was a beast, even if getting in as deep with an informant as she did was a rooky mistake. He grimaced at 'your broker', implying Nadine was more just a shadow broker that had taken a liking to the Elder. But Thorkild wasn't exactly any old informant. And maybe Nadine wasn't just a broker that walked into his office because it was convenient. He pinched the bridge of his nose. Finding anything on Blackshield was an outright insane idea, the one redacted file he saw that night in Spain was enough to make his eyebrows raise off his forehead and enter orbit around Saturn. But in an hour? "Of course she did." He sighed as Felicity continued, explaining she'd been pulling on Nad's strings even more than he'd assumed. Even if the Spaniard went about it in her own... Nadine kind of way.
There it was. That all too familiar urge, the electric sensation in his hands and head that screamed for murder. Kill her, kill her kill HER KILL HER. His conditioning screamed in his mind, decades of suppressing the evil magic within him unraveling as he used it against the chained provectimancer, even if only for a few seconds. He shook his head and looked back to Voluntas, asking for permission to end her. His eyes narrowed, contemplating for a second how nice it could be to see her blood spilled across the disgusting concrete floor.
"That, is if the Elder can do with another death on his conscience." Her tone was urgent enough that Thorkild knew she really did think he'd give the go ahead. His racing thoughts of all the ways that he and the two Vampires could kill her stopped dead in their tracks. Retribution... blood for blood. He watched Felicity carefully for several seconds, his eyes flickering between her and her daughter.
”No.” He finally said, looking down at the ground and crossing his arms. ”I won’t order the death of a defenseless enemy, regardless of my opinions of them.” His eyes turned sympathetic, even if his tone remained hard. ”Not anymore.” Thorkild reached down and put his shirt back on, looking to Voluntas. ”I’ll take her to Scandinavia, with Cote d’Ivoire gone and her head Gaoler dead, Roland will prefer she be placed in the hands of my Sanctuary.” He slid his grey coat over his arms, fishing for his phone. ”Go. Once she’s in Sanctuary custody as a terrorist wanted in connection with the deaths of up to seventy sanctuary operatives you;ll have nothing to fear.” The control in Thorkild’s tone was clearer, like he was remembering that he was respected and his office did in fact lend him authority. ”Return to Silas. Something tells me he needs you.”