Author Topic: FORUMS CLOSURE  (Read 583 times)

dietkrillbits

• Lurker
  • Mortal
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr
Re: FORUMS CLOSURE
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 03:20:42 PM »
Wow, what a time to decide to log in and reconnect with everyone again...  :'(

Thank you so much, everyone. I know it's been six years since I last showed my face here. I know my obsession with the books has waned. I know I was never particularly active either way, and that I never formed the connections with you all that I really should have.

But regardless, to those who ran, paid for, moderated, or even posted in these forums before and after my time here: Thank you. Thank you for dedicating so much of your time and energy to a little corner of the internet for fans to forge friendships, feed their burning obsessions, and even simply connect with one another without judgement or fear. You've likely changed many people's lives for the better, and I think that's always a power independent sites and forums will hold over big corporations.

Thank you. Thank you. I'll see you all on discord, I hope  ;)
The cold never bothered me anyway

Dregran Entropy

• Administrator
  • Ancient
    • Dregran Entropy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 01:20:59 AM »
Is everything really going to be deleted? That’s such a shame..
technically not but it will basically be unsalvagable
It doesn't matter where we go, there's always someone that doesn't agree with us.

Skulduggery Forums Rules
Character Profile Rules | Character Index
Ask Me Anything

Ilia Squirrel

• Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2020, 11:42:17 PM »
Oh wow, I just decided to log into my old account for nostalgia's sake and saw this
I'm not sure how many of you will remember me but I went by Ilia Shrewd on here back in 2011/2012. These forums were such a big part of my life, they were my first proper 'internet' experience as a kid and I met so many amazing people here (it's great to see a lot of you stayed active here for a long time!) I have so many fond memories of these forums, the chicken/cheese/option 3 debates, caeduggery, all the forum fics. I want to thank anyone who may still be around for all those great times we had :)
When I joined these forums I was just a child, and now I'm a grown woman which is so bizarre to think about! Thank you to all the mods and admins who have kept this place running for all of us over the years! :)

"Be my boo!"

Ditzy

• Supporter
  • Grand Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2020, 06:16:04 PM »
Wow.

Like many of you, when I first joined here I was a lil unpleasant excrement who was just out of primary school, and now I've almost finished my uni degree.
This forum was honestly such a haven for me back in the day. I was a super socially awkward kid (still am, to a lesser degree aha) and it provided me a place to chat with others who shared my Skulduggery obsession. I made a lot of great friends who I still sparsely keep in contact with (SOPH wifey, we need to reconnect!! Harry, please message me too!! We need to talk about the new VTMB game ;D) and I also grew a lot as a result. I will never forget the Skype seshes with everyone, the forum fics, the drama over the AWFUL Demon Road covers, the shipping wars, the memes and so much more.

So thank you, Skulduggery Forums, you will be sorely missed.

One thing that never changed since 12 year old me though... I'm still a weeb xd
« Last Edit: May 17, 2020, 06:17:04 PM by Ditzy »
Quote from: OMG James Mechaduck
I do not feel like I'm as you as I am

Astaphaios

• Plotmaster
  • Sorcerer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2020, 09:38:50 AM »
Wow.

Like many of you, when I first joined here I was a lil unpleasant excrement who was just out of primary school, and now I've almost finished my uni degree.
This forum was honestly such a haven for me back in the day. I was a super socially awkward kid (still am, to a lesser degree aha) and it provided me a place to chat with others who shared my Skulduggery obsession. I made a lot of great friends who I still sparsely keep in contact with (SOPH wifey, we need to reconnect!! Harry, please message me too!! We need to talk about the new VTMB game ;D) and I also grew a lot as a result. I will never forget the Skype seshes with everyone, the forum fics, the drama over the AWFUL Demon Road covers, the shipping wars, the memes and so much more.

So thank you, Skulduggery Forums, you will be sorely missed.

One thing that never changed since 12 year old me though... I'm still a weeb xd

this gives the opportunity to finish the DCAU list <33
Quote from: Ash | The Dictator
Hate me later. Save us now.

Orgil

• Theorist
  • Archmage
    • View Profile
    • orgil-sf.deviantart.com
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2020, 01:08:11 PM »
So this is why people were talking about saving stuff on Discord...

The forums has been my first internet community i joined and ,so far, the only one which feels like I have a connection with the people. The decision is perfectly understandable and I think it's better to do it now, than later . The reason why my english improved this much is probably thanks to the interactions here and on other SP forums chat groups. It's nice to see inactive members coming back. In case, they stop interacting with anything forums related, thanks for being a part of something that has had a great impact on my life.

Also, thanks to the staff for running the forums.

now back to lurking on discord
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 04:31:06 PM by Orgil »
According to the armsmen fighting alongside Sarge, his swears were so vitriolic that they actually turned into little insectoid creatures as they left his mouth, and had to be swatted out of the air as they tried to bite people. Given how warpy his section of the line had gotten by that point, none of us questioned this.

Gale

• Artist
  • Mage
    • Meridian Gale
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2020, 06:15:06 PM »
unpleasant excrement whaaaaaaat

I haven't been here nearly as long as the others but wow it feels like forever ago now that I joined. goddamn. I already save all my RPs in text files and all that but I guess I'm gonna be spending a day or two trawling through seeing if there's anything else I've forgotten about that I don't want to get wiped out.